Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Character Animator renders low res

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I built a character in Illustrator. I then animated it in Character Animator and then linked it to an After Effects project. I have other Illustrator layers inside my After Effects project and when I export everything is in high resolution, except my character is lower res than everything else. There isn't an option to continually rasterize the Character Animator project in the After Effects project. Does anyone know why my character is rendered at a lower res? Thank You in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the character or a scene the character is in scaled above 100%, either in CH or AE? That's the only reason I would imagine it would be low res. You can do a test - on the Welcome panel in CH, try opening up the default blue AI template guy, record for a few seconds, and link that - does it look crisp or blurry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. SUPER blurry export. I have the character scaled down, rather than up, and have the resolution playback at Full. I've tried exporting in a variety of ways. I've tested the sample puppets from the welcome pack and the same thing happens. Blurry! Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a checkbox in the Rig workspace. When you have your puppet selected, in the upper-right corner (properties panel), there is an option "Render as Vector".  Check that. It did the trick for me.

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just be aware that render as vector does not support some features such as gradients.

I create a 6000pt illustrator file, pick “high resolution” in the illustrator doc properties, and scale in up/down the artwork in character animator without issue to 1080p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines