• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete all files on cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way of deleting all the files on the cloud. Lightroom CC has been a disappointment for me and I am going to try a more manual way of handling my files where I will try and preserve my directory structure. But first I want to empty the cloud of everything. I have over 30,000 files and I have had placeholders created for these overnight when I left the computer running. At the moment all I see is the option of selecting them one by one and deleting them, which is not feasible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Yes, there is a way. Go to http://lightroom.adobe.com, then click on the Lightroom icon in the top left corner and choose "Account Info". You'll see an option labelled "Delete Lightroom Library" which will delete everything from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a way. Go to http://lightroom.adobe.com, then click on the Lightroom icon in the top left corner and choose "Account Info". You'll see an option labelled "Delete Lightroom Library" which will delete everything from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does this delete the same photos on your local drive as well? just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No effect there. In fact, I had done migrate Lightroom Classic catalogue originally in CC and had deleted a few photos directly in CC and even that did not have any impact on the originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to post a question here. I want to delete Lr CC and LR Classic and reinstall both from scratch. How do I do this with impunity?

And PS: How to I post a question/thread directly on LR forum?

Thx1138

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not delete local photos. When you relaunch Lightroom CC, you'll get a message about a new catalog being made locally but all your original images will still be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did this to clear up cloud storage and Lightroom CC on my computer is showing NO photos, NO folders, NO albums. How can I fix this?!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris28113056j30p  

@Fergus Hammond 's five-year old comments refer to Lightroom Classic files on disk - not Lightroom Ecosystem cloud-based files. 

While Lightroom hasn't had a version called "CC" for several years, it sounds like you've complete deleted your cloud-based files which Lightroom Desktop, Mobile and Web will interpret as permanently deleting from you catalog. 

I've asked a manager from the cloud storage to take a look at your account and see if any recovery is possible at this point. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea apparently there's no way to recover anything. I hate my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you hear back from an Adobe representative via email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've emailed you recovery links to the email you use in this forum. You do have a limited time for recovery.  Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you help me too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines