• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom CC have de-duplication?

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I dump (er, "import") a lot of photos and some of the are duplicates, will Lightroom detect this and flag them for me?

Keeping it simple, files are exact duplicates (result of moving lots of files around and ending up with copies in a few different folders).

(Not asking about AI or advanced pattern matching to detect similar or related photos.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

It's pretty fussy about them being absolutely perfect duplicates, but yes, it just doesn't import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty fussy about them being absolutely perfect duplicates, but yes, it just doesn't import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be useful is a simplified import screen, highlighting which images are duplicates and won't be imported (as we were used to it from Lightroom Classic CC).

I am having similar doubts when I importing photos to Lightroom CC, I'd only like to add a subset of my entire collection to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you leave the import dialog open long enough, it does do that. Most people just aren't that patient!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how accurate the dup detection is? and how much runs locally vs requiring an upload first?

Two examples
a) I used to manually copy my iPhone photos into lightroom classic. I'm in the process of doing a migration to cc. Also lightroom CC mobile is installed, and has also finished it's upload (of many 1000 photos) direct from iOS. Some of these may be low res originals as I use iCloud's 'optimize photo storage' This is all very normal on iOS so I'm intrigued to see how cc handles it.....
b) I have some other photos laying around that need sorting. some may be dups. I wonder if there's any harm pointing cc at them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be fantastic if this was an option. At 9 frames a second it makes blasting off shots impossible to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines