• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused About Storage Quota For Photographer Plans

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the $9.99 Photographer Plan and I am being confused about how much photos I can upload to Creative Cloud.

My workflow is 100% Mobile: I shot RAW files, that I import to LR Mobile on my iPad. Then I let the photos sync to Creative Cloud.

I know that my plan includes 20GB of storage; indeed, this is what assets.adobe.com shows. However, when I open the LR app, I can see that it says clearly that I have 1TB of storage (the storage being used there is consistent with being associated with the RAW files that I uploaded to the cloud).

I have a few questions:

1. Am I limited on the the storage of RAW files to 1TB? I remember reading once that “photos syncing” was unlimited with LR mobile, though I am not sure if this applies to JPG photos only, and not to RAW files.
  2. What happens if I need more than 1TB?
  3. I subscribed that plan before the new LR plans that were announced this month. Did the announcements changed anything regarding mobile-related workflows? I can see that 1TB now exists, but they are way more expensive that what I am paying for, although I believe this is 1TB for the Creative Cloud, not for LR itself.
  4. I am still confused about all this, could it be that photos (JPG + RAW files) now count towards your CC storage, and are no longer unlimited?

I have tried searching this forum for similar questions, but did not find any. Thanks to anyone that can help me understand how this all works!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

If you're 100% mobile and don't use Classic or Photoshop on the desktop, it would be worth you cross-grading to the new Lightroom CC + 1TB plan. It's $9.99, same as your current plan, but is better suited to your needs.

It is limited to 1TB (the unlimited before was a bit of a loophole), but you can buy extra storage at $9.99 per TB, which is about the same as most cloud storage solutions. That 1TB is shared between Lightroom Sync and Creative Cloud, so you can use it to store any kind of files y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're 100% mobile and don't use Classic or Photoshop on the desktop, it would be worth you cross-grading to the new Lightroom CC + 1TB plan. It's $9.99, same as your current plan, but is better suited to your needs.

It is limited to 1TB (the unlimited before was a bit of a loophole), but you can buy extra storage at $9.99 per TB, which is about the same as most cloud storage solutions. That 1TB is shared between Lightroom Sync and Creative Cloud, so you can use it to store any kind of files you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Victoria Bampton LR Queen!

If I understand correctly, basic Photographer plan has 20GB of Cloud Storage, and “unlimited” separated LR storage, that has been “corrected” to 1TB.

Everytime I upload a RAW file, this file counts towards my LR quota, that I can upgrade for $9.99 per terabyte (and, I assume, per month).

Am I correct this time?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexandr4291  wrote

I have a few questions:

1. Am I limited on the the storage of RAW files to 1TB? I remember reading once that “photos syncing” was unlimited with LR mobile, though I am not sure if this applies to JPG photos only, and not to RAW files.

Any image files (Raw, JPEG, TIFF, etc) that you import into Lr CC will be synced to the cloud, and count towards your data usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian Lyons, I understand that.

Where I am not sure, is that I see two different quotas: my 20GB quota (Adobe Cloud), and my 1TB quota (that only LR shows). Based upon what Victoria said, I believe my photos counts towards my 1TB quota, though I am now confused: why does Adobe sell several plans with different storage allowance, if the photos that are uploaded are counted towards a different quota that the Adobe Cloud quota?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexandr4291  wrote

If I understand correctly, basic Photographer plan has 20GB of Cloud Storage, and “unlimited” separated LR storage, that has been “corrected” to 1TB.

Yep, you've got it. I'm not quite sure why yours is showing 1TB at the moment - that's probably a bug, or they might have been very kind since you already had lots of photos up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria, thank you for your help, this makes much more sense now. You somehow managed to clarify details that were as obscure to me as old Egyptian parchments!

If I understand correctly, the following are correct:

1. If I were to be a new Adobe Photographer plan subscriber, I would get 20 GB of Cloud Storage, which *would* include my photos. I could also buy a more expensive 1TB plan that would include more storage.
  2. However, since I already have a plan, my previous plan somehow changed from “unlimited” to “1TB”. Somehow, I benefit from 1TB storage though I am only paying as much as what new customers pay for 20GB.
  3. If I want more storage, I can always buy it at $9.99 per TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes.

2. Yes, but that might change as it may be a bug. I'm checking into that, as I've seen a few reports.

3. Yes.

You've got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information shared with me prior to release was:

1. LrCC is part of the current photo plan but only with 20GB of storage. Think of this a 'taster'. If a customer wants 1TB it’s an incremental $10/mo.  Existing customers can get the 1TB for $5/mo for the first year.

2. Existing plan remains unchanged per above but with only 20GB for LrCC.  You can get LrCC without LrClassic or Ps for $9.99/mo with 1TB.  But again, no Ps or no LrClassic.

3. 1TB, 2TB, 5TB and 10TB plans will be available at launch.  CCP customers will get 20GB by default and CC All App customers will get 100GB.  More storage costs more $.

Above prices are in US$. For UK prices substitute £ for $

What you're seeing is absolutely  not a bug. However, I'm not at liberty to explain why you have 1TB when you don't actually fit neatly into above categories. That being said, it should be obvious that Adobe would want to avoid dumping any images you have above the 20/100GB quota that existing customer plans allow.

Hopefully, above addresses your concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ian+Lyons  wrote

What you're seeing is absolutely  not a bug. However, I'm not at liberty to explain why you have 1TB when you don't actually fit neatly into above categories. That being said, it should be obvious that Adobe would want to avoid dumping any images you have above the 20/100GB quota that existing customer plans allow.

Ah good, thanks for confirming that Ian. I was waiting for Rick to get back to me with confirmation. Of course they wouldn't dump images, but I wasn't 100% sure whether they'd prevent upload of additional ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines