• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

critical bug: shortcut "i" (information) deletes file!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to LR classic CC and just found this bug. Cycling through the 3 information overlays using the shortcut i permanently deletes the file after the 3rd cycle. Just it "i" 3 times and the image is gone. Forever.

It is easy reproduceable and it's not just the shortcut: Using the menu item to cycle through the information views also deletes the file after 3 times.

iMac Retina 5k 27"

Mac OS Sierra

Version 10.12.6

LR Classic CC, Version 7.0 (GERMAN language)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Finally the problem ist solved: In TextExpander I had set a shortcut "iii" that expands to " (instr.)" and that was the reason for file deleting!

I did some more testing and that shows that there is still need of an investigation on Adobe's side.

In fact it is just the blank that causes the dramatic effect in LR Classic. I added a new shortcut "lrcc" that expands to a " " and guess what, the file still gets deleted!

Anyone that has TextExpander and is brave enough to test this?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing on that on my Mac Pro or MacBook Pro. Best you try recreating a new preference file as original may be corrupt. Use Method 2 in linked document https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as advised. No change.

It deletes all kind if files: Sony Raw, Canon Raw, JPG, video

The images are not in the trash bin. Thank god I have time machine...

A sound can be heard when the image gets deleted. Afterwards the next images is displayed.

It doesn't matter what the current state of the info display is. The deletion always appears after the 3rd time I press "i".

It happens in the develop module as well as in the library module (Bibliothek in german).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I work for 2 days with LR classic CC and had no problems. Upgrade was smooth and it is faster now.

However there is a small bug. Can you reproduce this one?

--> turning an image left or right used to be done with the shortcuts cmd+, or cmd+.

This does not work anymore. The menu entry tells me new shortcuts: cmd+< or cmd+#

but these don't work either.

Seems like a small localization glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is something interesting: I switched to English mode and this happens --> after hitting "i" 3 times a dialogue window appears that asks: "Delete the selected master photo from disk, or just remove it from Lightroom?"

Much better than in german mode but still a critical issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce it either, on the same spec machine and OS, tested in English and German.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally the problem ist solved: In TextExpander I had set a shortcut "iii" that expands to " (instr.)" and that was the reason for file deleting!

I did some more testing and that shows that there is still need of an investigation on Adobe's side.

In fact it is just the blank that causes the dramatic effect in LR Classic. I added a new shortcut "lrcc" that expands to a " " and guess what, the file still gets deleted!

Anyone that has TextExpander and is brave enough to test this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines