• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Name Displayed in Title Bar

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I view the help file (View Primary Layout), it displays TESS 5.0 Online Help in the Title Bar.

I am wondering how to change this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

And the help format would be? (.CHM, WebHelp, FlashHelp, JavaHelp, Oracle Help, AIR Help)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WinHelp2000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh I see. Seems you are using RoboHelp for Word, no?

Hmmm, digging into deep recesses of memory here. Haven't used that app in several years. I just opened mine (Version 7) and it would seem that if you look in this location:

Project Settings > Project Title field

You may be able to influence it there.

Hopefully this was helpful... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I tried doing that but it doesn't change...

I think it's because I started this project by copying an old one and renaming it...

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

The only other place I can think of is to try expanding the Project folder and then the Windows folder. See if you are able to edit the Window properties.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurray!

That worked!

Have another question: what is the difference between WinHelp2000 and WinHelp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!

Okay, here's the deal. First there was 16 bit WinHelp. Basically, these were simple files compiled into .HLP format. But they lacked any form of a Table of Contents type of navigation. Then Microsoft updated the .HLP and created 32 bit WinHelp. This introduced a new file. The .CNT file. This file allowed a nice Table of Contents but opened in a window that was separate from the .HLP it was associated with. eHelp (the owners of RoboHelp at that time) created a proprietary format known as WinHelp 2000. This was a format that unified the TOC on the left of a window with topics on the right of a window. This format is very near what HTML Help looks like when it displays. (HTML Help is Microsoft's .CHM format and the WinHelp replacement)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more thing I'd like to add, which I just discovered.

If you are creating a CHM (MS Help file) and have set the language for the project to "French (France)" (as in my case), then the title you enter in this window will never appear in the titlebar of the compiled CHM. The title will be the type of output. I had to change the language of the project to English and recompile in order for the title of the project to appear in the title bar.

Please note that this might not apply to a project set to a language other than French. I (and probably you) have learned that nothing is consistent with flukes like this in RoboHelp.

Cheers,

Marlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp