• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

restore last view settings doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat DC ver 2017.012.. (why can't I copy-paste this?).

Edit> preferences> Documents> Restore last view is ticked. I'm opening a .pdf, go to page 4, and close the window. When opening the file again, it shows the first page.

It works fine on a different computer.

Help> repair installation didn't work.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZoharLe,

As per the description above, the Restore Last View settings is not working, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates.

If the Repair installation has not fixed the issue, please uninstall and reinstall the Acrobat DC.

To reinstall use the following link: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

If the issue still persists, please share the following details:

• Is it Adobe Reader or Acrobat, check from Help>About Adobe Reader/Acrobat.
  • Is it Mac or Windows?
  • Is it occurring  with one PDF file or with all the PDF files?

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Restore Last View settings is not working.

It's up to date.

I removed it and reinstalled it - no change.

It's Acrobat reader DC 2017.

Windows 8.1.

Seems like it happens with some pdfs. The other computer (same reader and OS) doesn't have any issues at all with the same files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZoharLe,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query. Please try to delete the preferences of Adobe Reader, to delete the preferences, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

After deleting the preferences, restart the computer and check.

If the issue still persists, use the Adobe Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the Reader DC, Cleaner tool http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Restart the computer and then install the Reader from https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Hope this help, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that made any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZoharLe,

Are you behind a managed network and domain i.e. Is it your personal computer or an office computer.

If possible, please enable the hidden Administrator account and check with the Acrobat/Reader.

Let us know how it goes.

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my personal computer. Although my user already has admin rights, I logged in with the Administrator account and I got the same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZoharLe,

Please report this issue to the team through Feature Request/Bug Report Form  Link: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later: NOTHING's changed.

I'm sure Adobe's programmers are attending to advanced studies and working night and day to implement such a complicated feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some files have settings that override this preference. If you would share a sample file we could look into it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still not working for some documents. I understand that some documents may override this preference, but other pdf readers don't care about the document settings and they work as most of the users expect.

Note that a lot of users generate pdfs with the incorrect value without considering that setting or even not knowing its existence. Also, some pdf generators don't provide any way to set up the value properly.

Therefore, in my opinion, the user preference set in the reader should prevail over the document setting. Or even another option in the settings can be put in place, something like: "Override document settings" which should be "true" by default.

The current behavior is not the desired for many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines