• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yet another buggy release

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure someone at adobe is pranking everyone. Everytime a major release happens im just waiting to see whats broken. Does anyone beta test these things?

Im trying to use the quick mask tool and everytime I select 'Select and Mask' im presented with an error message saying

Could not apply the workspace because of a program error.

What

The

[Removed by moderator]

What am I paying for? A basic tool that did work now doesnt work. How long for a fix or do i need to uninstall this mess of a program and go back to the previous version.

Sort it the [Removed by moderator] out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tokyomagic

I know what you feel and sorry to hear that but I think you should just restart the Photoshop and make sure you of your machine health always in a good way because those errors come always when your machine health is not good.

Just try that and if it's not working well please post a screenshot of the error and write your operation system.

we are all here to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The machine health is fine, it all worked on the previous version then with the new version it didn't. Easy conclusion to draw. ;0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember this is a user to user forum - keep it civil.

Try this:

Go to Preferences >Performance> Graphics Processor Settings >Advanced Settings and uncheck Use Open CL

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mighty fine reason to swear to my hearts content ;0).

I'm still using older versions of the software because of the complete ineptitude of this company. All you have to do is float through the forums after a release and witness the plethora of reported problems.

With regard to the fix, i never have this checked. Its an old solution to an ever evolving stack of new problems that appear across the adobe portfolio with new releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tokyomagic  wrote

I have a mighty fine reason to swear to my hearts content ;0).

But not here you don't.

As D.Fosse suggested - the newer versions are leveraging the GPU more and more. If the drivers are buggy (and many are) then problems can occur.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select and Mask uses the GPU. Update (or roll back) your video driver and try again.

New Photoshop versions often introduce new error-checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 2017, that worked. Which brings me to my bug bear. What am I paying the sub for? A continuous stream of buggy releases I cant use day to day.

Ive spent a fair amount on this rig to get things working, but if the software is below par then it is generally just money wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have CC2017 installed alongside the newer version whilst you get the issue sorted.

The most likely cause is a bug in the video driver. I have had similar issues in the past on my system and an updated video driver resolved them. I have also had to roll back the video driver when an updated video driver was released by AMD, introducing a new bug

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that little updating exercise just caused it to crash again. Again, these are old solutions to a plethora of new problems that always appear with new releases and there appears to be little appetite from devs to fix any of these problems. Its left to people to complain in forums that aren't even linked to the official company in any meaningful way with the same old solutions that never work being offered up as advice.

Seeing you're an 'ACP' I don't suppose you could pass on to the higher ups the general dissatisfaction many of us have with this software. I've been using PS since 7, spent thousands on the products, and it has taken a real dive in quality since the subscription model came in. I don't wish to move to another way of working but at the moment, especially with the rig I have, this is real painful trying to do even the most basic things. Lightroom Classic, complete failure trying to update catalog rendering it a useless pieces of software.. Previous Lightroom, horrifically slow, Photoshop...continuous crashes and tool failures. Every other piece of non-adobe software I use....works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, fair enough, but let me again repeat what has been said several times now: Most of these problems are video driver bugs.

You can choose to not believe that, but we've all seen more of these issues than we care to think about - and then we've seen them magically go away again in a new driver update. We've been there.

Video cards and drivers are aimed at gamers. That's just where the money is, so that's where the vendors' priorities are. Photoshop doesn't even make a dent in their bottom line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines