• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 (OCT 2017 UPDATE) not opening files (psd, png, etc)

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Photoshop 2018 upon release and have not been able to open ANYTHING. I still have cc 2017 and it operates as normal as well.

I can open photoshop 2018 but I can't open any files. It just doesn't do anything when I click them.

I've unchecked all of the boxes and done pretty much everything similar to this error that was experienced with previous versions, so I'm feeling at wits end.

Adobe has been no help in documentation and support on this. I've poured hours and hours into trying to fix this so that I can use a program that I already pay for, but since this is such a new release there seems to be little to no help in fixing it.

I put new documents open with legacy mode, and was able to start a new document, but upon trying to export or save, it locks everything and I am even unable to select layers or change preferences.

I've updated my gpu drivers as well.

Occasionally, I get a coresync error on startup as well.

I just really feel like I've tried everything. I want to be able to use the thing that I pay for.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevinc,

Could you please let us know which version of Photoshop are you using?

For the coresync error please try the steps mentioned on this link:
Adobe Creative Cloud Core Sync crashes every minute after update

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
my name is Alexis, and I've been experiencing the same. I have Photoshop and Lightroom 2018. Until last week, I was able to drag any file (.JPG) into the work space of both softwares and start working on them right away. Now The software will open but never display any file on the work space. Everytime I minimize and maximize the window size of the software, it will glitch and start creating a mess on the window space mixing tool bars on the crashed window.

I've tried unistalled and reinstalled the software already but with no success. Please get back to me ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with the most recent Photoshop CC 2018 update.

When I am in Lightroom and try to edit a file in Photoshop the PS program opens and a file tab appears at the top right corner of the image area but the picture does not display and I am unable to work on it. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but continue to have the problem.

The same thing happens if I go to either a jpg or a tiff file in my file folders and try to open it by double clicking it. Photoshop opens but I still get the same issue with only a file open tab showing up. This also happens if I try to open either of these two types of files directly from Photoshop.

If I try to open a cr2 image the file will initially open in bridge but when I click done it reverts to the previous problem in Photoshop.

How can these issues be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit unclear - do you still have CC2017 installed? IOW you unchecked "remove old versions" in the CC installer? Does it behave normally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please - If you're saying they should check "remove old versions", you should say that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MLHDave  wrote

Please - If you're saying they should check "remove old versions", you should say that. 

I'm not saying anything - I'm just trying to clarify what the question is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem since December with PS cc updates.

I uninstalled and went back to 2016.

But today, I have found a solution I think!

When opening a file and nothing at all happens (as you all have seen), resize the photoshop window and hey presto the image is there.

I have to do this to see an open image every time at moment. Even when switching between open windows.

I'm on Mac pro and also Macbook pro running Sierra and High Sierra respectively,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a buggy video driver.

This can be manually updated from NVidia or AMD on Windows - but on Mac you have to wait for a driver update from Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines