• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush keeps turning into eraser brush.

Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to PSCC 2018 I'm having problems with my brushes.  I created a new brush yesterday and used it and everything was fine.  I then opened another document and wanted to use one of my basic soft brushes and everytime I click on the brush tool, I see the brush I was using yesterday which was a dog bone.  When I click on the brush to select a basic brush instead, it then all of a sudden goes into the eraser brush.  I can't seem to use a regular brush anymore.  I've never seen this before.  Anyone have a solution?

Laura Macky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Just realised you were using the panel in the brush options bar - same thing though:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura

can you please post a screenshot of whats happening to I can help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ahmed,

A screenshot isn't going to do it.  I'd have to post a video and I don't have time for that.  Thanks anyway.

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried default brushes and then other created brushes and all of them working well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So weird.

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to reopen photoshop again and restore the default brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm that worked so thank you for that!  One thing now I'm noticing....where are all the thumbnails of my brushes.  I'm not fond of this view.  I've attached a screenshot.  Thanks for helping me!Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 1.40.15 PM.png

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working with you again.

The brushes not showing them as the old versions of photoshop it shows as folders in CC 2018 otherwise you will open brush preset and you can see them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but I can't see the square thumbnails even if I double-click on a brush preset folder.  See below there is a row of soft brushes but I double clicked on the sun brushes and I'm not seeing the square thumbnails.  There should be different sun brushes showing.

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 2.16.13 PM.png

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the fly out menu are the option for the preset views. You can enable stroke, thumbnail and meme individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I don't know where that is.  If I click on the icon below the gear, I do not see my sun brushes.  Also if I click the gear, I don't see an option for thumbnails.

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the brushes panel click as below to add the brush tip icon. You can choose whether to keep showing the stroke alongside it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realised you were using the panel in the brush options bar - same thing though:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!  I still miss where there used to be a grid of just the brushes only without the long stroke. 

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just above brush tip - uncheck brush stroke / brush name

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't I think of that!  Thank you SO much.  That did it!

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines