• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do you get rid of features!!!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open in Photoshop does not bring the edited copy back into Lightroom - Why?

2. No export command to send in various sizes in email - export to Facebook only?

3. Batch export commands?

Im giving up and finding a new solution after years.. this is downright awful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

This isn't an update to Lightroom 6. The features you're requesting still exist in Lightroom Classic, which is the update for 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an update to Lightroom 6. The features you're requesting still exist in Lightroom Classic, which is the update for 6.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I am paying for a product that is "CLASSIC" and now appears to be destined to be eliminated.. while the new CC 2018 has less features ... Why is the robust program classic? Why not pro and let this non sense CC be something else- ADOBE is not being honest about their long term intentions..  which still means, its time to start looking around for other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matthuesmann  wrote

Okay so I am paying for a product that is "CLASSIC" and now appears to be destined to be eliminated.. while the new CC 2018 has less features ... Why is the robust program classic? Why not pro and let this non sense CC be something else- ADOBE is not being honest about their long term intentions..  which still means, its time to start looking around for other solutions.

"In the long run we're all dead" is what Keynes famously said indicating the folly of only thinking about the long run and not fixing the short term problem. Lightroom Classic will take years and it will get updated many times with new features before it gets superseded by CC or whatever is next. In the mean time you'll have years of productive editing. By that time very little in computing will look like it does today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JAO - Lets hope so.. but I wish the dev time and money had been put into the CLASSIC CC - its falling behind other programs- why introduce a simpler feature set program with less power- I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you're wrong. Why would they do an entire cycle of development to just kill it?

They only way they could kill it is if Lightroom CC has feature parity. It doesn't. Perhaps in the future it will, but then the switch would be a no brainer.

Here's the thing. The consumer market follows the pros. If Adobe kill Lightroom Classic and the pros switch to another program and evangelise it, their audience will follow.

I did a video on 5 alternatives to Lightroom on my channel, but like I say in it, there's nothing that offers the feature set of Classic.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool send me a link - I would love to watch it- My fellow pros have been leaving to Capture One Pro - I would love to see the comparison- Wish their was multiple client iPad streaming in Classic CC for example - when doing a tethered shoot.

Thanks for the feedback- time will tell. Im on premiere and Adobe because Apple did the same thing. - Left Final Cut Pro 6 features less supported and took them years to get FCPX up to speed. Hope the same thing doesn't happen here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matthuesmann  wrote

Cool send me a link - I would love to watch it- My fellow pros have been leaving to Capture One Pro - I would love to see the comparison- Wish their was multiple client iPad streaming in Classic CC for example - when doing a tethered shoot.

You can do this currently already. In Classic set up a collection (say call it tethered) and set it to sync  with the cloud. Then set up a tethered capture and have it add to the collection you just set up. Now on any iPad logged onto the same account (which there is no realistic limit to that I know), you'll see the images show up. With a bit of delay depending on your internet speed. I just tried it and it works beautifully. Your assistant can start editing on the iPad right away and the changes get synced back to Lightroom Classic. You can also do this now on another laptop running Lightroom CC. The images will show up just like on the iPad and are immediately editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Okay so I am paying for a product that is "CLASSIC" and now appears to be destined to be eliminated.."

That is not so, Classic means its great with a proven record. It has all the features of the earlier version and with some added features. Performance has improved quite a bit.

Have a look at the post from Tom Horgaty in the Lightroom journal where the official posting of development occurs.

Lightroom Journal | Tips and advice straight from the Lightroom team.

And you are not paying any thing additional if you are already subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud this is just an update to the Lightroom CC 2015 application.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off a long frustration chat.  You can no longer watermark on export in CC.  The suggestion was to upload to lightroom classic to add the watermark then put them in lightroom CC to edit.  What?!?!  Talk about going backward.  I don't want to have to use anything else but that is just ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the last reply, you can still do all of this in Classic which is the update. Lightroom CC is a new version 1.0 application which has a more limited feature set. Classic is a 10-11 year old app with the features of an app build over that period. Lightroom CC was shown in it's infancy as Project Nimbus at last years Adobe MAX, and has a far larger feature set than Lightroom did at version 1.0.

It will be getting new features as time goes by, but if you need the features of Classic, use Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY is the weaker, infant, far less developed, far less powerful app called Lightroom CC now? - the name which the previous powerful app had. Why not name it something else? No wonder everyone is confused. I will delete this app. I don't know why anyone would want it quite honestly with so much less power. I just spent 2 hours editing a 1100 photo shoot - my bad- let me start all over in the new program. I mean old classic program. :>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe was told by many (including some names you recognize here) to not call it this way as it would cause incredible confusion and would lead many people to assume this new program was the update to Lightroom and not a new paradigm that would need some time to mature. They made a marketing decision that is predictably leading to incredible confusion and angst all around. It is not helped by Lightroom CC getting pushed onto everybody in dialogs all over. Adobe should really offer Classic as the logic upgrade route if you are a current Lightroom user and not CC and market CC as something new and different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic is what you call old cars - they don't sell anymore- Do you know any NEW or current products called "Classic"? LOL

Should have been CC Pro and CC Lite.  my 2¢ :>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not disagreeing. They did try to explain it at MAX in the keynote, but not everyone has enough time or interest to have watched it.

Lightroom CC will improve with time. It's not the app for pro work right now. Classic is. You can still sync in Classic and have files available on mobile etc, but it'll be Smart Previews in the cloud rather than originals.. which means you get a lot more files up there than you'd get using CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I don't have time to watch convention videos - HA! But send me a link and I will! So I don't waste your time. :>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the Lightroom CC part here: Accelerating Your Creativity - Adobe MAX 2017 - Day 1 Keynote - YouTube  ​I tried to make it start at the Lightroom section (it's a two hour keynote!)​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThnKs!!

Matt HuesmannVideo/Photo Production Franklin, TN616.300.8578-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All photos you imported into CC and edited will sync back Lightroom Classic the same way photos you import in Lightroom Mobile do, so none of the work you did will be lost. Just move the photos from your mobile sync folder (using Lightroom Classic, not the file browser) to wherever you would normally import then you can ignore CC forever or maybe come back in a few years when it's more up to date (or just leave Adobe all together!). It'll probably take longer than a few years to reach feature parity though and even longer than THAT for Classic to be abandoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll have to research all that - mobile sync folder- wherever that is.. and I’ll consider my options as you suggest. Though I’m surprise you suggest leaving! Lol-

i watched the video and I still don’t understand why the don’t make one Lightroom CC? Just add in the new features they developed. I don’t get the confusing mess they’ve created With 2 programs the same name Basically,

adobe got the forum troops out on the boards- wow! Got to hand it to ya jhared.. going around thumbs up all night on your peers answers. Lol.. #virtualcarpaltunnel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I don't even know Jahred..

You do know that ACP's are just volunteers right?

The reason why they can't do it as just one app, is that the original code base for Lightroom Classic is 10 years+ old, and was formed pre high speed internet. Even the Sync options that are there are just tacked on code -based on the fairly recent creation of Lossy DNG's used to create the Smart Previews that get synced from Classic to the cloud. There's only so much tacking on that could be done.

So they had to start with something that had sync built in at the heart. And that is Lightroom CC.

Yes. I appreciate the name usurping is both confusing and fear inducing. And yes CC will probably replace Classic, but not before far more has been done for feature parity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off a long frustration chat.  You can no longer watermark on export in CC.  The suggestion was to upload to lightroom classic to add the watermark then put them in lightroom CC to edit.  What?!?!  Talk about going backward.  I don't want to have to use anything else but that is just ridiculous.

If you need these features do NOT GO TO LIGHTROOM CC. It is not the logical sequence to Lightroom 2015/6 CC. Lightroom CC is a completely new written from the ground up completely different program. It is basically a port of the mobile version of Lightroom to the desktop. Adobe updated Lightroom 2015/6 CC. It is now called Lightroom Classic CC (7.0 release). They made this extremely confusing unfortunately and lots of people are mistakingly installing Lightroom CC thinking it is the update to the Lightroom they know. It is not. It is a v1.0 program of something completely new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and a really good explanation is here from Julianne Kost from Adobe: The All-New Lightroom CC: An Overview - YouTube​ Towards the end you'll hear how they look at the applications and how they're fully committed to developing Classic and that they realize many just can't go to a cloud workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines