• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's up with Animate CC's eraser tool+moving+undo?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all right so I don't know if I'm just... missing something, or searching poorly, or what, but whenever I move a selection and then undo it, it seems there's a chance of the place I moved the selection to keeping the selection, along with the first part. if they overlap, it gets distorted. Also if I try to undo further, instead of it undoing stroke by stroke, large parts of my drawing disappear. There used to be a leg on the left.

image.png?width=1040&height=585

and if I erase seemingly arbitrary parts of that mess... more or less everything disappears. For some reason.

image.png?width=400&height=225

Not to mention sometimes in such a state the eraser just... acts like the paintbrush tool.

It's incredibly annoying and I would love to know how to make this program not do this, so if anyone has any idea as to just... why... it'd be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Thanks for sharing the videos! The issue is reproducible using the steps you describe.

I've logged an internal bug to track this and will update here once this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2017\

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate CC 2017/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/2017/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this seems like an entirely different problem but I don't think I have an appdata folder in that spot? there is one in C:\Users\Default.migrated but there's no adobe data there.

I did delete the registry bit that the guide suggested though. It didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would indicate a computer that has no adobe programs installed (nor have many non-adobe programs) or user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, seems it's a hidden folder. I figured out how to access it and deleted the suggested files. However, the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please a test file and a video recording of how to reproduce the issue? It'll help us investigate and resolve this quickly.

You can use any file sharing program like dropbox and post the link.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repeated the steps shown in the video on my Mac, and the same thing happens. So, it's not a Windows or video driver related problem.

It doesn't happen in CS6 in any mode, and it doesn't happen in Animate 2018 when doing object drawing mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found another perplexing issue with this. Dropbox - 2017-10-23_16-59-36.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your dropbox link was a bit messed up. I fixed it though, and this may work:

Dropbox - 2017-10-23_16-59-36.mp4

It's perhaps not right to count areas that disappear, that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Your first report leave shapes on the stage that can be selected, but you may have noticed that you can't Undo to get rid of that last shape. It's not really there, and I think the dots you drew that removed some parts was actually fixing the stage a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i think that's part of it, and it wouldn't be as much of an issue if removing it were that easy.

Sometimes though, when the "not-real" parts disappear they take the "real" parts with them.

(also thank you for telling me of the broken link.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the link in your other post.

Hopefully your first post will get fixed, and subsequent variations will not be needed to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, although Adobe Staff are already looking at this topic, you could report the bug and give your example video, here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the videos! The issue is reproducible using the steps you describe.

I've logged an internal bug to track this and will update here once this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines