• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font problem

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems a silly question (it's my first project), but I have quite a lot of text inserted on blank slides as Captions that don't seem to display as expected. The first one displays perfectly as Arial 12pt, however I have several more fairly lengthy captions (also set to Arial 12pt) which look normal in the Edit view. However when I generate a preview, or publish the project, they come up in bold - and possibly slightly smaller, although I'm not sure about that. Could anyone shed any light on this?
Many thanks!
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, TheNetMouse

There are a couple of approaches you may use.

1. To do this for the entire project, click Edit > Preferences... > Project node and enable the option labeled:
Don't Anti-alias Captions

or

2. Edit each caption and insert a blank line at the end. Apply a bullet to the blank line and size the caption so you don't see the bullet.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2008 Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks v much - that's the kind of tip it's really good to get from a pro! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheNetMouse,

Another approach to help the text maintain a really good appearance is to highlight it with white (if you have a blank background). You do this from the caption - it's the far right button. That seems to help the text display really nicely :)

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheNetMouse,

Another approach to help the text maintain a really good appearance is to highlight it with white (if you have a blank background). You do this from the caption - it's the far right button. That seems to help the text display really nicely :)

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy

What happens if the background the caption is against is a different color than white?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

Aha - caught me (nearly). You can set the highlight to be any colour and there's a colour picker to let you get it exactly right.

If though you're putting a transparent caption over a busy background (like the screen) you'll need to create the text in a graphics program like Fireworks that lets you have a transparent background (not sure why you'd do this though... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources