• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Comes Out Blurry

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a very simple scene with a simple table in it and rendered it out as Medium quality PNG on Windows 10.  The render took 16 minutes and ended up looking like this- very similar to the low quality.

Blurry Table.png 2017-10-21.png

Any suggestions?

Michael

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Hi Michael!  As mentioned below there are a few issues here:

1.  The table has what are called some bad normals.  Normals tell the program which direction the surface is facing and that's what causes the weird blackish gradient on the surface.  There's no way to fix this in Dimension at the moment, these are issues with the model itself and needs to be fixed before importing.

2.  You have Camera Depth of Field turned on.  DoF adds blur to images in the fore/back-ground of a focus point.  To change

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't have a scene, just an object so there is nothing to rendor... add some lighting effects and a high rez background image then try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran a high-quality PNG render and here is what I got - also blurry after 2 hours, 17 minutes.  Any suggestions?

High Quality PNG.png

2017-10-21 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drop the table and try one of the build in models like the billboard... if that is blurred then its prob your g-card drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "depth of field" turned on by chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have turned on camera depth of field, and you haven't focused the camera. You need to change the focus distance somehow. Your table model also seems to have bad smoothing normals, because you have some strange shading going on along the edges from what I can see in the viewport, but this would probably have something to do with modeling and export from a different software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael!  As mentioned below there are a few issues here:

1.  The table has what are called some bad normals.  Normals tell the program which direction the surface is facing and that's what causes the weird blackish gradient on the surface.  There's no way to fix this in Dimension at the moment, these are issues with the model itself and needs to be fixed before importing.

2.  You have Camera Depth of Field turned on.  DoF adds blur to images in the fore/back-ground of a focus point.  To change this go back to Design Mode, select the Environment in the scene panel, then look in the properties panel for the Depth of Field options.  You can turn this off or adjust the settings to focus an object.

Be sure to turn on the Render Preview (top right of the canvas has controls for this).  Depth of Field can't be previewed in the canvas, so it's important to look at Render Preview for lighting, reflections, and other effects before rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  I am also having the similar issue and I have 3dsMax installed in my system but i dont have Vray renderer.

can you please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension comes with V-Ray built in.  Please see the post above for instructions on changing Depth of Field which is likely causing the blurry render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completelyt blurry render. I followed this link, then searched for Depth of Field. Was Depth of Field removed? Can't find on menu anywhre. Render unacceptably blurry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still have a very bad render ...

I tried to change field settings - but there a bad render results...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a screenshot.  It's difficult to know what a problem is from this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-04 um 16.49.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh... that's weird.  You said you changed Depth of Field settings, but it looks like it's still on. Try just turning it off completely.  Depth of Field is more useful for multiple objects or large objects that should blur towards the front/back.  It also looks a bit skewed, might be an extreme Field of View setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with all possibilities - psd 16 - psd 32, field setting yes - field setting no - always bad results...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send your .dn save file via Google Drive, CC Files, etc. so I can take a look.  If you don't have a file transfer link available please e-mail it to tickets@adobedimension.com with a link to this forum thread so I know where it came from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeanette Thank you very much, was very helpful read this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeanettemathews It is 2018 and I am running into the same problem, maybe the software needs to be redone and it's not the users.  JS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  Not sure what you mean by "not the users".  As mentioned above, there is a known usability issue where Depth of Field can't be previewed in the canvas.  We are working on this, but haven't made an update, so it's still an issue yes.  I don't think we've said it wasn't, or that users were making a mistake, so sorry if that was implied!

Did you try the answer above to turn off Depth of Field or open render preview and reconfigure the options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I ran into same issues, but I just increased the width and height of the environment maintaining the aspect ratio and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I`m trying to render a very simple round bottle with a label attached to it and all the renders come blurry as well.

bottle_angle.jpg

What is happening here since I`ve seen so many nice renders in a behance gallery?

Thanks,
Pablo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the above suggestion regarding turning off Depth of Field or changing the "blur" amount in that feature?  Your render definitely has Depth of Field turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's the msytery Depth of Field feature located? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depth of field and focus can both cause this effect... they are camera settings

Screenshot (111).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried also to turn off the depth of field but still blurry. Im using Macbook pro latest update of Dimension

sample-Current View.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines