Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1:1 proportion

Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in my document i set the screen resolution at ~970 ppi but, when i use CTRL+1 for a 1:1 aspect, i obtain an image of 307mm (measuread with measuring tape) against the 100mm that the PS ruler indicate, so now i have around a 3:1 ratio. How can i fix this thing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Ctrl+1 means zoom 100% . That means 1 image pixel maps onto 1 screen pixel. It has nothing to do with any physical size.

If you want to preview a printed size on screen - then set your Preferences > Units and Rulers > Screen resolution to the actual resolution of your monitor screen. Then use View > Print Size

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+1 means zoom 100% . That means 1 image pixel maps onto 1 screen pixel. It has nothing to do with any physical size.

If you want to preview a printed size on screen - then set your Preferences > Units and Rulers > Screen resolution to the actual resolution of your monitor screen. Then use View > Print Size

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select Print Size from the View menu for this, and you need to make sure that the Screen Resolution in the Units and Rulers section of the Preferences is set properly. To get a true print size on screen, this Screen Resolution value is obtained by dividing the monitor resolution (in pixels) by the actual size of the monitor screen (in inches). Do not use the stated monitor size (because that is usually measured along the main diagonal of the screen). For example, is your monitor’s resolution is given as 2560 x 1440, then if the screen is 23 inches wide, enter 111 (2560/23) in the Screen Resolution field.

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 8.55.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave was quicker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines