• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Throttling upload speed in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC on an iMac, and completed the library migration. When I allow LrCC to freely upload my collection, it saturates my upload bandwidth of my cable modem which means my internet becomes unusable. I've got thousands of photos to sync which will take hours/days, so how can I throttle the upload speed that Lighrtroom CC uses to trickle my collection to the cloud?

I've adjusted the speed in the CC app itself, but that appears to have no bearing on what Lightroom CC uses.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

There isn't a feature to control bandwidth at this point in time, but it would make a great feature request at Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a feature to control bandwidth at this point in time, but it would make a great feature request at Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and would love to see this addressed. I'm trying to migrate to Lightroom CC but the process is painfully slow and it absolutely kills my network. I cannot use the internet while I am trying to sync and it has been over 24 hours now. I don't know how I will ever migrate over. I am beyond frustrated now. When LR is syncing, I get about 1mbps down and 0.5 mbps up. As soon as I pause sync and quit LR CC, I go back to 65mpbs down and 6mbps up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would be a good feature request indeed. One thing to do now if you have problems with your internet saturating if one app uses upload bandwidth is to get a cable modem that has more channels (your speed description looks like typical cable internet with asymmetric upload and download speeds). This works wonders if your internet does this. Another thing is to use a router that supports QoS (quality of service) but usually a better cable modem will fix it already. QoS will also automatically prevent this from happening though if your cable modem is not up to the task but without fixing the fundamental issue you will always have reduced speeds overall. If your network is well done you should not be able to kill your download speed by uploading something. They should be completely independent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines