Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems loading pictures into Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys

I've decided to use the new lightroom cc over the old lightroom as I like to do all my photo edits in Photoshop rather than lightroom. Yesterday I started adding photos to my MacBook Pro each time adding them to a album. the first 50 pictures loaded ok but then I started getting a warning that I didn't have enough disk space on my hard drive (I had already upgraded to the 1TB cloud account). So I went into the lightroom settings and changed the default setting from 25% to 5% pictures on my hard drive. Lightroom rebooted but nothing happened so I then changed the location of the folder where lightroom stores the pictures on my hard drive to and external hard drive. The warning then went away but the app stopped syncing the remaining 400 pictures that by this time I had added to the lightroom cc app.

I am now confused what to do next. as all the folders in lightroom cc are there but they are showing zero pictures in them??

Can someone please tell me what I should try next.............

Thanks

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

I would leave it as it is (Lightroom Library.lrlibrary) otherwise you would mess up the sync data for what is already in the cloud. On a slow connection you don’t want to repeat that. But yes it would be good to add additional folders one at a time. Only touch originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

It may be worth logging-in to your Lr Web app from the link below. The browser will give you an idea of what is in the cloud and whether it corresponds with Lr CC, which it should. If none of the remaining photos have uploaded we could look at clearing the cache to create more space.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jon

I'm logged in with your link. I can see 3 folders with pictures in them, the remaining 10 plus folders have pictures in them but they are saying syncing (been syncing since midnight last night)............if I remember there are ~550 pictures some jpegs and some TIF.

Our wifi here on the rig is not super fast but its also not super slow either.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the web based link that you sent me it shows "NO Current sync activity....see below

lightroom.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My eventual goal is to just use Lightroom cc as a way to present my pictures over all my devices (MBP, iPad and iPhone) and as and when i add pictures to it I will add them to Lightroom cc initially, then pick the ones I want.....delete the rest, then work on the keepers in Photoshop CC, send them back to Lightroom CC.........go take more pictures

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would leave it as it is (Lightroom Library.lrlibrary) otherwise you would mess up the sync data for what is already in the cloud. On a slow connection you don’t want to repeat that. But yes it would be good to add additional folders one at a time. Only touch originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, you could try trashing originals from the cache.

Launch Finder and go to:

Pictures >> Lightroom Library.lrlibrary

Right-click (control-click) on Lightroom Library.lrlibrary and choose Show package contents. Select the top folder (usually a long string of numbers and letters) and then choose originals. You should find a set of dated folders & subfolders and you can safely delete photos already backed up in the cloud.

Then try importing again perhaps in two batches of 200, maybe clearing the cache again after the first 200 uploads are safely to the cloud.

Normally Lr CC will efficiently manage the cache automatically to give the smallest footprint on computers and devices. But it can sometimes take a few days for older images to drop out.

You could move the Library cache to an external drive, but you would need to ensure it is always connected when using Lr CC. I prefer to keep it on the internal SSD for best performance and I don’t want to carry extra drives if I am travelling with my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon

I have all the pictures in folders on my external hard drive. Can I just delete the Lightroom Library.lribary and start the whole process again just doing one folder at a time 20/50 pictures at a time??

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Do you not have any Lightroom Classic stuff you want to maintain? Are you importing from scratch rather than migrating as you mentioned you do your edits in PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy

My Lightroom original was so messed up as I was using both Mac pro and a MBP to process pictures.........I had pictures all over the place. I only use PScc for editing pictures  so figured this would be a great option to have everything synced the same

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are adding images they will be on your computer until they are synced, I believe. To do with where originals are stored in Local Settings. Once they are synced to cloud, you should get the space back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines