• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not apply the workspace because of a program error

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After choosing edit in Photoshop in  LR  and then making a selection in PS, if I choose Select and Mask I get the message :Could not apply the workspace  because of a program error. This does not occur if I open the file from Photoshop or Bridge, only from LR.

Using Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue after updating to CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I also tried opening the file directly from Photoshop, loading the saved selection and then choosing 'select and mask' and I got the same result. I am using Lightroom Classic on a MBP.

*** UPDATE

I reset Photoshop Preferences and this resolved the issue for four images I worked on. I opened the fifth image to work on, and when I clicked the 'select and mask' button, I got the same error: 'Could not apply the workspace because of a program error'. I looked up the issue on Adobe's help support and found something that talked about moving out the Workspace (modified) folder. This did not solve the issue either.

PLEASE HELP!! I am sure you have heard how frustrating this is! My whole workflow has come to a stop because of this and I cannot continue working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem after updating to Photoshop CC 2018.  After making a selection and then hitting "Select and Mask" the workspace briefly flashes up only to reveal this message: "Could not apply the workspace because of a program error".  I am stuck unable to work on any images.  Panic stations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't wait any longer for answer from Adobe, so I went ahead and completely reinstalled PS CC 2018. This resolved the issue (which I still don't know why I was getting it).

I first used the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and made sure any files were completely removed before I did a reinstall. Follow this link and follow their instructions before reinstalling PS CC 2018.

I hope this works for you!

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked!

Thank you, perfect.

cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - just tried reinstalling and it didn't work. This is the last thing I need - I am stacked with work and this is essential for me. I have now wasted another hour trying all of this when I should have been working and going off to another shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did work for me, was to go Edit>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences on Quit   .........

And then upon restarting PS the function appears to work correctly. (Even after changing some UI things back to the way I had them before. Colour scheme, UI scaling, mouse wheel zoom, etc etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks _RAAF_

Your tip worked for me. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Reset Preferences on Quit and it worked for one photo, but not the next one.  Was it because I saved my select and mask settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found that if I reset preferences, it worked the next time, but if I save my Select and Mask settings, it was broken again.

If I did not save my Select and Mask settings, it continued to work. So for the moment, the slightly tedious workaround is to re-do my Select and Mask settings every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am doing to recover is to create a blank layer above the one I am working on. When I create a new mask to go with the blank layer, the mask I was trying to create before the error was thrown suddenly appears instead of an all-white mask. I can then copy the mask down to the layer where I need it and delete the blank layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started as soon as I told it to save my mask settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was what others are reporting: Edit>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences on Quit   .........  I then closed and exited Photoshop, restarted it, and everything was fine after that. If you mean you checked the "remember settings" box when in the select and mask, mine is always checked and the problem is not returning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

I turned of "Remember settings" in select & mask mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same trouble, that ocured after checking remember settings in select & mask mode.... reset of preferences helped, it was unchecked, so most probably the issue is remember settings,. hope Adobe will solve this bug soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was fixed in the last Photoshop CC update a couple of weeks ago (November 2017)???  This, along with the lag in the Spot Healing Brush were both fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a good explanation of how you got it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines