• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Open Photoshop Via Ch CC2018

Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the 'Cntl E' keyboard method, but also tried through the App Menu to open the character in Photoshop .... but I'm getting this message:Ch Photoshop CC2018 Issue.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

OK .... Sorry!  We just noticed Ch was trying to open my character using PS CC2017, which I guess is no longer there.
A repoint seems to have fixed it .....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK .... Sorry!  We just noticed Ch was trying to open my character using PS CC2017, which I guess is no longer there.
A repoint seems to have fixed it .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, the PS CC 2018 installation should've updated the file association automatically. Glad you were able to get it repointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do a repoint? I get nothing in Photoshop and no errors when doing a Ctrl-E (windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also having the same issue? Installing Photoshop CC 2018 should update the .psd file associations to point to that version of the app. If that doesn't work, right-click a .psd file, then choose the app from the Open with submenu of the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange....apparently a perfect storm of and Windows 10 install/upgrade and Adobe upgrades.

After your message, I tried to open up a psd file from Windows Explorer and got prompted for the default application (that was new). I figured, "Ah, that's the ticket," but CA still wouldn't let me do an "Edit Original."

1. So, I opened Lightroom and see that was working for Raw files, but not PSDs.
  2. Closed photoshop and tried opening from explorer. It opened Photoshop, but not the file...very strange.
  3. Closed PS again, then closed CA. Now opening from Explorer opened PS and the file.
  4. Restarted CA and now the edit Original works.

Again very strange, but it looks like it had something to do with file associations, with maybe Character Animator holding onto something, maybe.....I don't know, but I am working now.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Animator might not pick up any changes to OS-level file associations until the app is restarted. Glad you're up-and-running now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm up now.  I was confounded there at the start, but I'm good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines