• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could someone please let me know what this application or filter is in Photoshop CC, i think.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

For any area you want more detail, you could try selecting it and posterizing it separately with more levels than the rest. Then do Find Edges on those areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say from that picture.  A screenshot instead of a photograph might be better.

How to take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but its not my Mac. Its a screen shot of a YouTube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be an After Effects filter then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but its not my Mac. Its a screen shot of a YouTube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Forum active , as I only have 1 reply for what I thought was a simple question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said before, the picture you posted is not adequate to provide a meaningful answer.  Saying you saw it on YouTube provides no context or clues as to which software was used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. I just thought if anyone here had used it they would of recognised it right away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be a topographical/contour effect. You can make it by taking your image, duplicating your layer, selecting one of the layers, going to Image > Adjustments > Posterize... then play around with whatever settings in the slider make the amount of steps you'd like. Then go to Filter > Stylize > Find Edges. Set the layer with the edges to a blend mode that works with the original image underneath.

Also, you probably didn't get as many responses as normal last week because it was Adobe MAX. Adobe staff and lots of people who are active on the forums were at the conference.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the reply. I have followed the instructions but I'm still unable to achieve the same results. I cant get the red lines and the detail is much different around the eyes and nose. anymore suggestions would be a great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

draw it with the pen tool as path and stroke them? i don't know of a "one click" solution for what you are trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For any area you want more detail, you could try selecting it and posterizing it separately with more levels than the rest. Then do Find Edges on those areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines