• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC catalog update crashes constantly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed LR Classic CC via the CC application. When I open LR Classic the catalog upgrade crashes ( several times).

DESPERATE - is there  a fix, if not, how can I restore the previous LR version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with multiple catalogs. The update process hangs during the "Migrate Settings Table" part of the process. Until this is fixed, Lightroom is unusable for any process project.  Please address immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic CC is also crashing on startup for me, but it only says 'assertion failed'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report bugs in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues too. This is what I see after upgrading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the same issue. Crashes after being open a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me to. "Lightroom couldn't update the format of its catalog file because the file appears to be damaged"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom Classic is crashing constantly too.  I'm working on a Mac.  Any help would be great right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Crashes immediately. This is an extremely serious problem for me. I have multiple photographers all passing catalogs around, and the primary editor can't open any of their catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you try turning off the GPU support in Lightroom preferences and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine doesn't stay open long enough to make it to the preferences window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, mine won't crash it just freezes my entire iMac up and can only be solved by powering it down with the power button..Also what happen to the simple way to chat with Adobe? Whenever I seek tech support it just takes me to a forum or wants me to call. no more online support chat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never in 3yrs before have we every had this:
Adobe just has to get their crap together.

LIghtroom Catalog Crash.jpg

Editing is still slow as a dog, graphic card acceleration is no better.
Disillusioned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same on my iMac. Managed an update to Lightroom on PC & that is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom constantly crushes when Photoshop is open within couple minutes, not only it freezes me entire iMac....when photoshop closed everything works smooth, please fix it ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution.

Might be time for me to start investigating other software packages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto to the constant crashes, which only started happening recently. Occurs on startup, developing, and at random points throughout my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same random crashes all the time. This is unacceptable! Time for adobe to take a step back! not about to use CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a fix, but.....

I've been on the phone with adobe help desk two nights in a row they fix my "catalog issues" but it doesn't stop the crash.  I was waiting on the issue to be escalated to someone higher up on the adobe help desk ladder, but the 48 hours has passed and nobody has contacted me.

I went so far as to restore my computer back to factory defaults wiping everything clean, LR worked for a day... then I tried to open both LR and PS at the same time and my computer crashed giving me the blue screen of death again. I guess I'll try to work in one at a time so I can at least get my Christmas cards out this week? IDK why i'm paying for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Crashes when it is trying to update the old catalogue from LR4.  Any solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the problem solved?  I am having this problem now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems it was related to the lack of space on my HD. Once I'd made a bit more space, it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open LR, if there is time, go to "File, New Catalog" and create a new catalog on a different drive.  If that catalog stays open, try going to "File, Open Catalog" or "Open Recent" and try opening the catalog that is crashing.  If the new catalog on a different drive stays open and the other catalog on a different drive crashes, move the crashing catalog to the other drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines