• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the best option for front-view walk cycles, as though the character is walking toward camera?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a character wearing a ghost costume (sheet with eye holes), and I've triggered the puppet to do an arm/body cycle so that every time the character lifts one or both of their arms, the ghost sheet is lifted, revealing the character's shoes and part of their legs.

I would like to make him walk, not left or right, but forward, as though toward a camera tracking backward. Visually, I imagine that the shoes might peek under the ghost sheet as he takes steps, and be fully visible if one of the arm cycles is triggered (lifting the sheet). Now, I'm sure that I could make additional layer cycles that could accomplish this... I think.

Is there any easier way or combination of ways to accomplish this look of forward walking, as each leg moves toward away from the camera? What are my options?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, your best bet here is a cycle layers frame by frame walk animation like Wonderboy at http://adobe.com/go/chexamples. And then I'd probably set up a Transform > Scale control panel slider to give the illusion of the character moving towards/away from the camera if you wanted that movement in CH, or add it later in After Effects or Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines