• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Secure form so end user can fill in, save, and print, BUT NOT alter or view the field properties

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create forms in Adobe Acrobat DC that have embedded fonts that I've purchased or created for design work.  I am trying to figure out how to put security on them so that the end user (who edits these in Adobe Reader usually) can fill in their own text, save and print BUT NOT be able to alter or view the field box properties. 

When I have attempted this via the password security settings, it messes up the rest of the document and doesn't allow the end user to save it, or other strange things.

I know it's possible, I've used documents like this, but I am obviously doing something wrong. I've seen quite a few threads on this subject matter, but they were using different versions, or wanted the end user to not be able to save, but I haven't seen it framed quite like this...hopefully I didn't miss it??

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Yes, you can do it in Acrobat, but someone using Reader has no access to these properties, unless they are very sophisticated and use a script to do it. Even then they will have very limited access to it.

Anyway, if you want to apply a security policy that prohibits modifying the file but allows filling in form fields and printing.

All of these options can be found under File - Properties - Security.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible in Reader even without a security policy...

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 9:58 PM, cassiadent <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking your time to respond, however, I already know it is possible because I've downloaded other forms that had that component.--I just wish to reiterate that I create the forms in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and the end user typically edits these in the free version of Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can do it in Acrobat, but someone using Reader has no access to these properties, unless they are very sophisticated and use a script to do it. Even then they will have very limited access to it.

Anyway, if you want to apply a security policy that prohibits modifying the file but allows filling in form fields and printing.

All of these options can be found under File - Properties - Security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines