• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Lightroom CC photos back to Classic

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that syncing from Classic to new CC is not a good idea because Classic uploads only low res versions. Can I solve this problem by originally importing photos with Lightroom CC, which syncs full resolution versions everywhere, and then sync those photos with Classic? I was hoping that when Classic doesn’t “own” the photos it would leave them in full resolution, even after non-destructive edits. Does this work? If so, how do I set up Classic to get these photos? (Necessary for print, book etc.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

"Classic" will automatically download any originals uploaded by LRCC. At that point, you would have your original in the cloud, and it would also exist in the folder catalogued by "Classic". The difference from before LRCC was released is that you have the high res original in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Classic" will automatically download any originals uploaded by LRCC. At that point, you would have your original in the cloud, and it would also exist in the folder catalogued by "Classic". The difference from before LRCC was released is that you have the high res original in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. They showed up in Classic in a folder named From Mobile. The Mobile terminology remains here and there, confusing.

It is a little tricky, because if I look at an image from CC and in Classic create a copy of it, that’s only a virtual copy (metadata only) in Classic, but it gets synced to CC except as a separate picture, not linked to the original, and it is a Smart Preview (low res) only. Not a good behavior. Even though I understand that images should originate in CC, creating a virtual copy with alternate editing is common.

So so here is the killer question: if I migrate a Classic catalog to CC, it will land in CC and then be synced back to my main Classic catalog?

I will test that, but not with my current operational catalog, that’s 200 GB that will move up and back down again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my understanding is that if you migrate, that disables any syncing by that "Classic" catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disabling syncing if that migrated catalog would be logical.

But if I have my main “2017” catalog synced, and then I migrate another catalog “Stockholm trip”, it should migrate back down into “2017”, creating duplicates of the RAW files.

Seems loTidal. But impractical.

Ok, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really interested by this too because after I migrated I opened up Classic while CC was still uploading and it looks like CC started uploading stuff too... 😕 I'm not sure what's become of my library now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, maybe it was syncing back down and matching things up then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines