• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creativated wiget not working, what can I do?

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed it and followed all the directions. It told me it uploaded my mp4, but nothing is visible. . . Ideas? This is all I get, and no, the round loading symbol is not moving. . . I'm working with an MP4 from Yellow Pages

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Thanks Uwe,

The only video or graphics I have problems with is the one on the front page. i hate to say it, but it still isn't working.. I just got an approval from YP that I CAN download the mp4 to youtube. In fact, they are recommending it. . .

Now if only my client would mark which pictures go on which pages?

I will mark this as correct, but may still come back and ask more. . . Still don't know why it won't work. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the copy of instructions. . .Just in case. . . IMG_6656.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Does something overlap the widget?

2) Does the same happen, when you try to do the same on a completly empty page?

3) Did you already try to contact "Creativated"?

The last one might offer the best solution, I`m afraid .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No overlaps

Yes - only thing on this page is background color and page menu

Didn't find a way to contact Creativated, but I'll check.

Thanks for trying. I even installed Muse 18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using breakpoints?

If you are using breakpoints, the video will play only in the largest breakpoint.

For html5 video, this is a bug that if you are using <video><source src=""></video> (which was used in the widget) the video will play only in one breakpoint.

Toufic Nabi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a breakpoint? I'm using a file that was made by yellow pages. Haven't altered it. i was tempted to post it to my youtube account and then get the embed code, but I'm afraid I might get sued.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep trying. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kgrafix  schrieb

What is a breakpoint?

Watch this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-23 um 23.29.18.png

Then this happens:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-23 um 23.29.29.png

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok - It's been a long time since I studied German, but I think I understand what is happening in your illustration. . . but I haven't done anything to it. . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you are able to make your breakpoint bar visible and then you know, if you use breakpoints (if your template uses breakpoints).

The blue menu from the dropdown lets you "show breakpoints" or "hide breakpoints".

I guess, this is very important to help you.

You could also follow these suggestions and share a .muse: Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed on your master, that the menu doesn`t resize and I pinned it to the left of the container and set the double arrows outside the breakpoint bar to outside instead of pointing inside:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 00.22.03.png

Next screenshot shows my browser with the working video and that you need an additional breakpoint, otherwise, the video starts

bleeding outside the canvas.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 00.24.48.png

Or you choose the youtube widget from the widget panel (social or something like this), …

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 00.30.31.png

… set it to be responsive in width and height and you should be pretty much done – you have to do some decisions with the menu on the left hand side. Some people use the hamburger menu (you may choose a cheeseburger or a veggie burger )

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 00.29.26.png

You can download from here, if you like: Adobe Creative Cloud ​

I didn`t delete your videos but made them invisible in the layers palette.

Feel free to change whatever you like.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe,

The only video or graphics I have problems with is the one on the front page. i hate to say it, but it still isn't working.. I just got an approval from YP that I CAN download the mp4 to youtube. In fact, they are recommending it. . .

Now if only my client would mark which pictures go on which pages?

I will mark this as correct, but may still come back and ask more. . . Still don't know why it won't work. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On which system do you work? Mac PC? Browser?

Did you try my file? It worked on my side with no problem at all, using Safari Browser.

I only realized a video on the example (Classes) I sent via CC:  Adobe Creative Cloud​  ( same as above, nothing new, though).

You can upload your video to youtube and take this code to put it into the widget from Muse. This widget from Muse is responsive and this might be quite important for you, because in other breakpoints this video is too large to work properly.

If you use the scrubber:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-24 um 08.39.23.png

and watch your menu, you see, why it is important to use the "resize to none" option for this menu. AND why to pin it to the left side.

It is recommended to use breakpoints wisely, only when your design fails.

It is recommended to finish layout in one / the widest breakpoint and start adding breakpoints not earlier.

Some people out there also do it the other way round and start with the smallest breakpoint – it is called "mobile first".

Either which way, first finish layout in one breakpoint, use the scrubber, … .

If you run into more design issues, you could also use "fixed width breakpoints". Depending on what YP suggests … ?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video you sent seemed to work, however the one I am trying to use is not . . . . <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YnHjTUIDahE?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video appears as fullscreen video in my browser.

You would need something like a thumb to open this video as full screen.

May I ask, why not use the youtube widget? So much easier.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did use the youtube widget somewhere along the way, but I didn’t have the embed link to work with. . . . .

Today, however, the agent got me a link! Now life is good! The client even gave me information about which photo goes with which page. . . .

Thank you for all of your help!

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get this embed link directly from the youtube page, you are watching the video.

Do you know how to get the code?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-25 um 01.13.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-25 um 01.13.55.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I usually do. . . If this one would have been posted on youtube we wouldn't have had a problem. . . I'll post the site address once I've finished the site. . .

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You´re welcome

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines