• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Force iPad Lightroom download raws back from cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad thing happened to my photos. On my iPad «download only smart previews” option was enabled. So this idiot uploaded some raws and deleted cr2 files from my iPad. So now around 10% of my photo archive is not originals but smart preview. How can I force it do download original back to my iPad?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Okay I managed to solve my issue I just created an album and put all my photos there. Then I opened properties for this album and choose to keep it locally. And Lightroom started downloading 200 raw photos that were uploaded into cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should only have to disable the option and you should get raw files again down from the cloud when you next open the image. Might take a few seconds longer so it will probably show you smart preview first until it downloads the raw. You can also try clearing the local storage cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. you can also tap on the cloud icon and select "get this original" for any picture that has the raw online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I managed to solve my issue I just created an album and put all my photos there. Then I opened properties for this album and choose to keep it locally. And Lightroom started downloading 200 raw photos that were uploaded into cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there ,

does anybody know if there is a way to the other direction?

I imported the raw Files directly from my camera into Lightroom cc mobile (over photos App from Apple). when all work is done i export sometimes a jpeg, sometimes not. The last step is to free up space on my ipad. I only Uwe this device and no Mac oder och.

Is there a way to delete the raw files from the iPad (it is allready in the Adobe cloud) but not deleting the Smart preview with all retouching? i just want to have the raw Files in the cloud and only the previews on my iPad.

Thanks a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just want to allow the iPad to upload the raw files to the cloud. As soon as that is done, it should start deleting them from local storage according to the setting you set up for how much internal space to use in Lightroom CC mobile.

If uploading gets interrupted all the time, make sure the iPad is connected to wifi and to power and make sure to set the setting (from the LR icon in the main screen) to prevent the iPad from falling asleep when connected to power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but were can i find the option to set the limit für local storage? I know that from the Lightroom CC Version on my Mac but i did not find it on the iPad. I can only see that 200GB of 250GB are free to use, but can‘t set a limi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't set the limit for local storage on the iPad at this time. Lightroom will handle it automatically, except for albums you've specifically told it to keep offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks. i expected that ....

is there really no other way to delte a raw in the ipad? Does anybody have an other idea or workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can clear the cache for photos that aren't cached for offline use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but if i am right that will only delete the cache, but the raw is stil on the ipad...so freeup a little space - yes , but not deleting the file as i want to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The raw file is part of the cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Victoria says above, when you clear the cache it deletes any raw files not explicitly marked by you to retain for offline use. If you have done that to a lot of files you can also simply delete the app off your iPad and reinstall it. But that is a draconian measure and you only want to do it if everything has synced from your iPad (it will say fully synced and backed up in the cloud icon. This will free up all your space but really only do it if everything is in the cloud. Emptying the cache is much simpler and quicker though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, its working very well. thanks a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines