• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC vs Lightroom Classic CC for iphone

Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I understand the Lightroom CC is now strictly cloud based for phones, ipads etc and the Lightroom Classic CC is the dekstop version that we are all used to. I am confused however if it's possible to load RAW photos from a pocket camera into Lightroom Classic and then send to Lightroom CC? Also as I understand RAW files can be imported into Lightroom CC but what if after I'm done editing I just want a JPG in the cloud and not the RAW file? Can I do that?

What I'd like to do is have my iphone camera strictly for Lightroom CC and shoot JPG but maybe occasionally use DNG.

I'd like to use the Desktop Version Lightroom Classic CC strictly for DSLR cameras etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

> I am confused however if it's possible to load RAW photos from a pocket camera into Lightroom Classic and then send to Lightroom CC?

Yes you can. In LIghtroom Classic you can designate collections that need to be synced. They will show up in Lightroom CC on the phone, iPads and on Lightroom CC on any computer. The only caveat is that they are smart preview files, which is actually nice as they take up far less cloud storage space than full raw files and are still editable with all the tools on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I am confused however if it's possible to load RAW photos from a pocket camera into Lightroom Classic and then send to Lightroom CC?

Yes you can. In LIghtroom Classic you can designate collections that need to be synced. They will show up in Lightroom CC on the phone, iPads and on Lightroom CC on any computer. The only caveat is that they are smart preview files, which is actually nice as they take up far less cloud storage space than full raw files and are still editable with all the tools on your phones/ipads and Lightroom CC.

>Also as I understand RAW files can be imported into Lightroom CC but what if after I'm done editing I just want a JPG in the cloud and not the RAW file?

Not easily. Basically you would have to export jpegs from Lightroom CC, delete the image from CC and then import the jpeg to it. It is much easier to do this from Lightroom Classic. You just stop syncing the image and they're gone from the cloud but still present in Lightroom Classic. Then you could export to jpeg inside Lightroom while reimporting automatically and then make a new synced collection with those jpegs. This does not save much with respect to smart previews though which are very efficient semi-raw files but with jpeg compression.

>What I'd like to do is have my iphone camera strictly for Lightroom CC and shoot JPG but maybe occasionally use DNG.

You don't need to use Lightroom CC on your computer to do this. All your iPhone images whether dng or jpeg that are on Lightroom CC on your phone will sync perfectly fine to Lightroom Classic. They will also show up on Lightroom CC on your computer but you really don't need to use it.

>I'd like to use the Desktop Version Lightroom Classic CC strictly for DSLR cameras etc.

It's trivially easy to filter on camera type in Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why can't I shoot in Pro mode with the flash on? If I turn it on and then change the exposure, shutter etc flash is disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines