• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosaves everything, bug?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Xd for the first time and noticed that everything is autosaved, is this by design?

Version: 1.0.12.19

Win 10 Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

It's something in our backlog, but we had to wait for Windows to enable it in RS2. [Windows] Save dialog on exit – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs 

You should upvote this to get notified when we start the feature.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that unsaved changes were reflected after you closed an opened a file in XD? Can you provide more information on what you said in the above post for us to help you better?

Thanks,
Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is Windows 10 only. On Mac you are asked if you want to save when quitting, and if you don't save, the recent changes are not in the document when you reopen. On Windows 10 you are not asked if you want to save, and reopening the document has all of the work you did, including the latest changes that you may not have wanted.

If you look around you'll see that there are lots of posts about how to disable auto save in other Microsoft products. It may well be intended Windows 10 behavior, like it is with modern Mac apps. I'm not sure if there is a way to disable the feature under Windows 10. For now you may need to take a Save As approach, to save out a version each time you're happy with what you have done so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another questionable feature added by Microsoft then. I found some reg hacks for Office 360, but I don’t believe they are applicable to Xd. I’ve never experienced this behavior with other products, including Office 360.

Thank you for your suggestion with save as, but it’s not an acceptable workaround for me. I’ll wait for the Xd team to fix this before I’ll try to find some use with this product again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s right. I don’t know what more info I could give you. If I open a document, do some edits like adding an element, close Xd without saving, no warning to save the document pops up. The next time I open the document, my “unsaved” changes are still there (as described by Colin above).

It sounds to me like this is a bug, even if it’s a “feature” from Microsoft. One should be able to disable this and get a warning when closing the document. Should I file a bug report or do you take over from here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran​ Why did you mark this question as answered? Will you look in to this issue or are you happy with the Save As workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't have marked me as correct either. Actually, I do have the power to unmark me as correct, but I'll hold off for now. I think that there is going to be a standard answer on how to stop Windows from doing auto saves, but I haven't found the answer yet. If I do I will post what I find, unmark me as correct, then mark me as correct again!

It's good to be a moderator...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I had a couple of chat sessions with Microsoft. Their system is pretty neat, though in the end not able to answer this question.

It seems like applications have to provide a way to disable autosave, I couldn't pin them down on a Windows 10-wide way to do that. I also couldn't get pointers on how to tell Adobe to add that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your efforts Colin. That was my guess, if this kind of modification is to be made to the registry, that option had to be there from the beginning, hard coded by the app developers.

Preran​ I don't know if you read through the answers a bit to fast and believed the case was closed. But, I think think this behavior has to be investigated further and prevented in Xd.

Imagine how much work one could destroy if everything is always saved. Say that I'm about to demonstrate a document for a colleague. At the same time I'm showing some features of Xd, how easy it easy to change all the colors eg. and the closing the document after the demo. Next time I open the document, my day would be destroyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's something in our backlog, but we had to wait for Windows to enable it in RS2. [Windows] Save dialog on exit – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs 

You should upvote this to get notified when we start the feature.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Elaine. So, it's an known issue then. I'll have to wait until at least this is fixed before I pick Xd up again, hopefully soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a temporary workaround and wanted to share if anyone else has this problem.

Before closing a document or exiting Xd, open the hamburger menu and choose "Revert to Saved" if you would like to discard all changes since the last save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that seems to work. For a moment I thought it wasn't going to, the option was grayed out, but that was because I hadn't done a first save yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines