Character Animator CC 2018 Waveform not showing

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love this new version of Ch 2018.

Thank you guys for all your hard work.

Question:

I am unable to see my waveform for any of my audio.

I have tried .wav .mp3 .aif

Have resized the take audio.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen for recordings made by character animator or just your own audio files?

Is there anything unusual about the files? What sampling rate, number of channels, etc are they?

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't matter what audio I use even if I record it on Ch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what it does show? Maybe that'll provide a clue about how far it is getting.

Also, just to confirm: the audio files play fine, they just don't get drawn properly in the timeline?

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, how long are these audio files? Do shorter-duration audio files work?

Are they located in a read-only folder? If so, does importing from your desktop work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

Yes they do play fine.

Here is a screen shot from my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot didn't come through. You might need to upload from the web site vs. replying to e-mail with attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I drive a truck and just got back to my computer.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I still have the Beta version installed?

Here is a screen shot.

Screenshot 2017-10-23 15.48.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the audio file in Adobe Audition?  Do you see the waveform there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created it in Audition. Yes, The waveform is visible.

Even if I record audio in Ch it does not show up.

I even tried it on my laptop to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the .wav file being imported from a shared drive? If so, if you copy the .wav file to you local desktop and import from there, does that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem:

the file works well in audition,

but audio wave disappear on Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is the audio file being used? Does using a shorter-duration file make a difference?

What format (.aiff, .wav, .mp3) is being used?

Where is the file located? If the file was on your deskotp and imported from there, does it make a difference?

If you zoom in time all the way in, does the waveform appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Jeff,

- the audio file is 2 minutes and 28 seconds long,

- the audi file is .aif format (previous .wav, edited with Adobe Audition last releese)

- The audio file and every project files are located on my desktop

- To see the audio wave I must zoom and resize the time-line, but, after a litle the timeline autoresize to previous dimension and Audio wave disappear.

thank you for your interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more information about your machine:

-- Mac or Windows?

-- Specific OS version?

-- CPU is Intel or AMD?

If you create a new project, import only that .aif file, and create a scene from it, does it produce different results?

Do other audio files produce the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

i work on:

- Windows 64 bit

- Intel i7-3630QM CPU 2,4 GHz

- RAM 16 Gb

VIDEO:

- intel HD Graphics 4000

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX

This is my second project and the first time a see this kind of problem.

On my first project all goes well, (file audio .aif)

(here a link to my first animation: Behance )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice animation.

I didn't see a link to the .aif file. Attachments to replies via e-mail might not work, so a shared link via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. might be needed.

In the mean time, if you record audio via microphone, do you see a waveform for that?

Also, what's the full path of the Character Animator project (.chproj file)? Are there any accented or special characters in the file path? Would creating a new project in a different location, such as C:\temp\My Project make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Jeff, sorry for the delay with which I answer you: I have been busy on another project.
I can not send you the .AIF file because it belongs to my client and I can not spread it.
With the microphone I have no problems, but I work with recorded files in the studio.

The project's name is:

PCAnimator_LwM_DU1_SNACK_02.chproj

project is actually located in G://

(C is a SSD HD In which there are only software)

I Have an other questions:

- can you animate a four-legged character? I tried but the program only recognizes two legs ...

- can you move the character on a scene by setting key points, such as on the Premiere timeline? I tried with the keyboard arrows and set a control with the mouse, but the final output did not convince me: it is not a fluid movement. Any suggestion?

thanks,

Ardoq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ardoq,

Is the .aif file a mono or stereo file?

Is the .wav file that it was based on import and show the waveform more reliably?

Does resizing the audio track vertically in the Timeline panel make it appear after a certain point?

As for your other questions:

-- regarding a four-legged character, does this video help? Character Animator Tips & Tricks (June 2017) - YouTube

-- regarding moving a character by keyframes, you could arm the Transform behavior’s Position X value and record changing it… or you could record the Transform Position X parameter at the end position, then use the blend curve for the take to blend it from a starting position. We know that more standard keyframe support is a requested feature, though.

Hope that helps a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines