• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change Help/Version

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a place where you can modify the Help/Version information that is displayed in an Online Help Window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2008 Nov 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH HTML it is File | Project Settings

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. From his other posts I think Jim is referring to RH for Word here. In this case I think the help and version is set inside the project's window although it has been awhile since I used it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gang

I didn't think that was configurable anywhere. Unless I'm mistaken (and I may well be) clicking Help > Version... in a WinHelp file is reading back the version of either the WinHelp viewer or maybe the version of the WinHelp compiler that was used to compile the .HLP.

Maybe our resident living encyclopedia Pete Lees will see this and pop in to advise.

Pete? You there?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick,

I believe the version number that is shown in the Version Information dialog box of a WinHelp file is simply that of the WinHelp executable (winhlp32.exe) on the machine. So this will probably say 5.1.2600.2180 in most cases, as I think that was the last version of winhlp32.exe.

Any file-specific information in the Version Information dialog box would be added through a COPYRIGHT= line in the project (.hpj) file. For example, the help file that accompanies Microsoft's Help Workshop tool has the following line in its .hpj file:

COPYRIGHT=Help Author's Guide, Copyright 1995-1996. All rights reserved.%date

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using Robohelp for Word, updating an Online Help that was created back in 1999...

It lists our product name in the Help/Version and we need to change it to the new product name...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

As my fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter suggested, look at the Project node > Project Settings node (fortunately it's the same menu path as RoboHelp HTML - File > Project Settings.)

On the Project tab of the dialog there is a field named Project Title that seems to govern what you see there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Addendum to add a discovery. It would seem that assuming nothing is changed elsewhere, the Project Settings govern that. HOWEVER... If you create your WinHelp 2000 by double-clicking the Single Source Layout and working your way through the dialogs, you should find on the second dialog a field named "Copyright notice". I find that if I enter text into this field it will be used for the Help > Version... dialog as opposed to the Project Name.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly (and luckily) enough, I happened to save the project as an HTML help yesterday before mucking around this morning with the various files contained within the project.

I found various references to the wrong project name, changed them, then reloaded the project to find that doing the above corrupted (could not open Word) the .doc file!!!

I had to go back to HTML copy I created yesterday, which does not seem to have a Help/Version, so the problem has gone away! The HTML version looks better (more modern) anyways...

I did look at the .hpj file of the original...there is no COPYRIGHT tag in there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm looking at the .hpj file for the HTML copy I made yesterday...

It does contain the COPYRIGHT tag...

It also says "This file is maintained by HCW. Do not modify this file directly"...

Is it okay to modify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jim,

Yes, it's quite OK to modify the file, though you'd probably want to ensure that you have a backup copy before you begin.

The "file is maintained by HCW" line is just an extra little safeguard to ensure that you don't make wholesale changes to the .hpj file without realising the consequences.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Seems to work!

Thx!

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp