• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Photoshop and Reinstall

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After changing my language preference to English for Photoshop Help, I was directed to uninstall and then reinstall in order to activate the change. It seems that the uninstall attempt was partial. I was notified that it couldn't uninstall because of dependent applications. The Photoshop icons remain but I can't run the application any more and Adobe relates to my attempts as a new buyer. How do I resolve the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

The trial is the full version of the software. Go ahead and download and install the trial. It will remain a trial for up to seven days, or until you sign in with your Adobe ID, then it is licensed to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through this yesterday—because I inadvertently changed the language in the CC Desktop Preferences and then forgot before I installed the upgrades—and it worked as expected.

In your case, it didn't complete the uninstall, right? If so, run the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, and then try to reinstall Photoshop. Once you log in with your user ID, it should recognize that you have a license. Let's get Photoshop installed first, then address the license.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guidelines.

I retried the Windows Control Panel uninstall of Photoshop and this time I believe I did it correctly and effected a complete uninstall.

To be sure, I downloaded and ran CreativeCloud Cleaner. It flashed on, I caught a quick glimpse of a DOS logging screen and then it was gone. No stopping for options etc. I presume this is because there was nothing to clean. However I am still left with the problem of reinstalling. My license is not recognized and I am left with the "Try" option only for this app. How do I get recognized so that I can reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so it's working, that's first step.

Do you have a valid subscription? If so, start by opening the CC Desktop app and sign in with your Adobe User ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a valid subscription.

I signed into CC Desktop and was recognized (for account management, updates of apps etc.) but the Photoshop option was only a trial download.

Maybe I have to download as a trial and then provide my Adobe ID again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial is the full version of the software. Go ahead and download and install the trial. It will remain a trial for up to seven days, or until you sign in with your Adobe ID, then it is licensed to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BarBinder.

I downloaded the trial version, it opens without signs of trial and it recognizes me as signed in so I presume it will be OK.

The Help now is in English as I had set it in CC before the uninstall.

Your help is much appreciated,

Yosef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew! Glad you are up and running again.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, use the Adobe CC Cleaner tool in order to get ride of the problematic files which are causing this issue, than log out from creative cloud, log in, installa again.

Let is know please,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your comments have helped me solve the problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Where can I find and use the trial version? Thank you for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buy Adobe Photoshop CC | Best photo, image & design editing software

As stated above the full version and the trial version are the same version. When you download Photoshop, it will install as a trial until you log in with your Adobe ID which licenses it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines