Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Store more than one RAW on local drive

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

is there any way to activate the local storage of originals for more than one image at once? I'd like to store all originals from this year on my local drive, but the switch is greyed out, when I select more than one image

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Hi 99jon,

that's right. But I want to select just the images from the last year for my local storage as I have only a 512GB SSD and about 480GB of originals.

I used a workaround now in setting the disk space usage to 0%. All local originals were deleted. I raised it to 15% and startet a "original + settings" export for my 2017 images. The originals where downloaded from the cloud and remained on my local drive...

but I think it shouldn't be rocket science to make the "local copy" switch working for

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, it is automatic for every photo you add to Lr CC. If you nominate a local storage location in preferences – see image below – you get two originals. One original backed-up in the cloud and a duplicate original on your internal or external hard drive.

Local.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 99jon,

that's right. But I want to select just the images from the last year for my local storage as I have only a 512GB SSD and about 480GB of originals.

I used a workaround now in setting the disk space usage to 0%. All local originals were deleted. I raised it to 15% and startet a "original + settings" export for my 2017 images. The originals where downloaded from the cloud and remained on my local drive...

but I think it shouldn't be rocket science to make the "local copy" switch working for more than one selected image

Thanks

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines