• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 IGNORES TABLET PROPERTIES

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop to the latest update ( 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64)
and it completely ignores the tablet properties such as:

a) Pen Pressure (the pen no longer have pen pressure, no matter if windows ink is turned on or of)
b) Screen Lock (the tablet should lock on Monitor 1 while using Photoshop, and it doesn't)

Every other software i'm using such as Clip studio Paint, zBrush and so on are working fine.

While photoshop completely ignores them.

The previous version used to work fine, but it's been overwritten by the new one without even asking.

The software, no matter the new features, has got worse with every update in terms of performance,
stability, and usability.

Introducing the standard windows Alt key behaviour was already driving me nuts.

i still have not tried the windows ink workaround
i hope this gets fixed TODAY because as it is, PS is useless to me, and i'll be moving to
any alternative available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Update, the previous Win Ink workaround fix pen pressure and the screen lock

Trevor.Dennis  ha scritto

hansb90361119 wrote:

If you check the "use windows ink" for wacom intous 5 (most likly all of the models) you are getting a REALLY annoying lag with zoom and pen size adjuster etc. If you turn it off, it works perfect, but the downside is the pen pressure opacity don't work.

You've turned off Windows Ink, so without supplying an alternative, pen pressure is not going to work.  You have to enable Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, the previous Win Ink workaround fix pen pressure and the screen lock

Trevor.Dennis  ha scritto

hansb90361119 wrote:

If you check the "use windows ink" for wacom intous 5 (most likly all of the models) you are getting a REALLY annoying lag with zoom and pen size adjuster etc. If you turn it off, it works perfect, but the downside is the pen pressure opacity don't work.

You've turned off Windows Ink, so without supplying an alternative, pen pressure is not going to work.  You have to enable WinTab.

If Windows Ink is disabled

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

5. Restart Photoshop and check the pen pressure and overall performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution helped me. I have used this solution for very long time.

What is strange is that as far as i can member i didnt add this file to photoshop 2018 settings folder but the file was already there but with wrong extension. For some really strange reason the file was named as PSUserConfig.txt.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guidos50720937  wrote

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

This technically does work. But if you use Win10 it no longer has WinTab so use this instead:

# Use Wacom Professional Service

UseSystemStylus 0

I haven't tested it in 2018, but i had the same issue when I reverted to 2017 and updated my drivers. This SHOULD fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like in CC 2018 this route is no longer valid:

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

So where should I put the the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no answer? None of this works for Win 10 / PS CC 2018

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gddmit.jpg

Come on Adobe, this is your issue.

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, this seems to have worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the WinTab thing and it didn't work, but then I tried this and it did! (I have PS CC 2018 on Windows 10)

Thanks very much!!

Get your sh*t together, Microsoft + Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion totally got rid of the no pen pressure input issue from the newest update.

Thanks a lot!

This works on the the newest 2018 cc update, guys! Go for it, if you are suffering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this is the only solution working on my windows 10 with a bamboo pen&touch, wintab is not working at all.
Still not fixed in 2020, so disappointing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Upgraded Photoshop once again.

had to follow these steps once again.

thought it my duty to bump it again, in case anybody else is having trouble and the windows ink trick isn't working for them either.

thanks again @guidos50720937

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andy.d.bell

Thank you this worked for me. Win 10 Psd 2018 on Cintiq after reinstalling my wacom driver and calibrating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough right after I fixed the pen pressure issue with these steps

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

I broke the pressure sensitivity again by reloading my old wacom prefs. Did the same trick again an now it is fixed. Again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to RE Iterate that this TEXT quick FIX file only fixes part of the Issue. there are still a lot of other bugs involved. for instance, the Move tool is completely busted.

This is a Temporary band-aid to just be able to draw,paint.

I'm sorry but I get annoyed that

A: this needs to be fixed by someone... ADOBE, WACOM, or MICROSOFT.

B: It's handicapping me during my work day

C: I get annoyed that people keep recommending this stupid TXT code (wacom) WITHOUT REALLY TRYING IT! when It doesn't correct all of the issues that are occurring in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super fix, worked great! Do you know if you can use a similar fix for lighroom classic to fix pen pressure too?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESSSS great, thank you so much I was going crazy!!!  its working great now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me.  The other issue I've been having is that when Windows ink was on, so I could leverage the pressure sensitivity, adjusting sliders with my pen (Wacom Intuos Pro) was dang near impossible with the lag.  This fix has finally enabled me to have my cake and eat it too   Thank you very much!  (BTW, my drives, wacom software and PS version are all current)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guidos! This fix worked for me and one of my co-workers who had the same issues with the latest Windows/Adobe updates clashing, and making work very difficult. We can finally get back to producing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!!I have Windows 10 and Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 (17/08/2018)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1.- Quit Photoshop

2.- Open your Wacom Tablet Properties (from the start menu)

3.- Disable Windows Ink (From the photoshop tab. I have problems with chrome too so I disabled Windows Ink from tha main menu too)

2-5-2018+4-30-00+PM.png

4.- Create a text file in notepad with these lines:

# Use Wacom Professional Service

UseSystemStylus 0

5.- Save it and put the file in this path:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

(ps: if you don't see app data, enable show hidden files)

6.- Open Photoshop and that's it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guidos,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Could you confirm if the workaround mentioned by TrevorDennis has been working fine for you?

We are investigating this issue and will get back with more updates.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it did, but the issue with windows ink is getting pretty boring since it comes back with every major Update

You should start considering the possibility of choosing the this option in the control panel (At Least)

BTW, the wacom drivers work PERFECTLY FINE with any other software, windows ink or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was directed to this thread from another whose members are having a very strange glitch problem. Whenev we zoom in, then try to draw a vertical line, the stylus seens to grab the image and scroll. I’m using a Wacom Bamboo on a Surface Pro 3. It wasworking splendidly until yesterday and I don’t remember even updating manually but may have authorized a group update upon closing for the night.

Ive tried reinstalling old versions and now they all do it. I’ve cleared my preferences, disabled Windows Ink and even sent a mean text to my innocent neighbor,  just to blow off steam. (Kidding... because I have to or my frustration will wreck me).

please advise...as I have some deadlines I need to meet.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines