• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing? Curves?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to batch process on the fly (select 10 photos, change exposure or crop all 10 at once). I can't seem to copy paste to more than one at a time either. Also, can't copy paste cropping? Where's the previous button?

These were extremely convenient features in the prior version of Lightroom... where is the setting to turn this on?

Also, where's the curve tool?  I expected the curve tool to be available in the same place it is on my iphone's Lightroom, under Light options.  It has to be here somewhere, right?  The iphone app has it. The iphone app also has a Previous button.

Is this ready for beta, even? It looks like an actual release but the iphone version has more features?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

I can't figure out how to batch process on the fly (select 10 photos, change exposure or crop all 10 at once). I can't seem to copy paste to more than one at a time either. Also, can't copy paste cropping? Where's the previous button?

These were extremely convenient features in the prior version of Lightroom... where is the setting to turn this on?

Also, where's the curve tool?  I expected the curve tool to be available in the same place it is on my iphone's Lightroom, under Light options.  It has

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, where's the curve tool?  I expected the curve tool to be available in the same place it is on my iphone's Lightroom, under Light options.  It has to be here somewhere, right?  The iphone app has it. The iphone app also has a Previous button.

Is this ready for beta, even? It looks like an actual release but the iphone version has more features?

cforcalvin, it appears you installed Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is a completely new program built from the ground up that misses a lot of the features of the old Lightroom 2015/CC that you are used to. Adobe unfortunately named these programs very confusingly. If you want all these features, install Lightroom Classic (from the creative cloud app right below Lightroom CC) and use that. Lightroom Classic is the update to Lightroom 2015/CC. Lightroom CC is basically a port of the mobile Lightroom app to desktop operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Jao, actually that is exactly what I suspected (that the new Lightroom CC is a port of the mobile version) which is why I was comparing it to my iphone version. The curious thing I want to know is why my iphone version has more features then?  It's the same app right?  Yet the iphone version has a previous button, it has curves, it can copy and paste things like cropping (in fact you can control what you can copy and paste just like Lightroom classic).

I'm not talking about ipad, even- my little iPhone SE's mobile Lightroom can do all these things.  I'm so confused why this mobile port lacks so much?  The free trial is only a week? I have 3 days left and they want me to purchase this? When in fact it's not even as capable as my free iphone Lightroom? If it's really true that these features actually didn't make it in this build- then they should not have released it for sale. It should be a free beta for at least a month if anything- this is not ready to even be seen.

This is why I'm so confused- that I'd rather believe it's my mistake and that I can't find these features. There's no way they would release a desktop app that is less useful than the iphone equivalent?  Yes, you're right- I can use Lightroom Classic just fine... but why does this new version exist at all then? Lightroom Classic can also sync with my cloud albums- why does anyone need this version? This is a desktop. At the very least, this app should be equal in power to my iphone's app- the very least. Otherwise don't release it.

I'm sorry that I'm upset, but I hate it when PM's have no clue what they're doing and get my hopes up with a lighter faster version of Lightroom only to find out it's severely crippled compared to the one on my outdated iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a question of timing. This new app is feature-incomplete as well as dumbed-down simplified. In the latter group are features like keywording and maps which are present but much weaker than "Classic" - and I'd be surprised if these features ever become more grown up. In the feature-incomplete category are things that just aren't there yet, and tone curve and printing are two obvious gaps that I am sure will be filled in, maybe quite soon. Yes, I do think it's brave (irony warning!) of Adobe to release it in this state....

I'd suggest just treating LRCC as "LRMobile on your laptop/desktop". Just as you could do with LRM/LRWeb, you can directly import originals and store them in Adobe's cloud, making the originals available everywhere. For example after travelling it's an easier way than the Export/Import Catalog method to get photos over to your synced "Classic" catalogue on a desktop computer. That's one idea. You might find a use for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at the corp site's Lightroom page, watched the video- I get what they're trying to do and no doubt they're probably going to add the missing features (the features that are currently available in the other mobile versions) soon hopefully.

I wonder about the use-case they have in mind though- like when I travel, I don't even bring the laptop anymore. Because the iphone version can now process RAW files, I don't even wait till I get back from my trip, I simply connect the camera to my phone and just offload the photos there. I then edit them directly on the phone at a cafe, on a train, at the hotel- whenever I want.

The middle man is gone already. If I return to a desktop, it's for power and speed in batch editing. If a desktop version can't batch edit, there's no need for that version then. Honestly, it's way faster to import all the photos directly to my phone than to import it to my desktop and then upload the many gb's to the cloud. So it doesn't seem practical to use the desktop as merely a portal to edit on mobile since you can do that directly already via the portable device.

lol, it is hilariously strange that I'm being shown a trial countdown with a purchase option for a version that is not even equal to the free one on my iphone. I mean, I know it's all not free but it's just a strange experience from the customer viewpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cforcalvin,

The Tone curve feature is added to Lightroom CC in 1.1 version.

Would recommend you to update Lightroom CC to 1.1 version via creative cloud desktop app.

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines