• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 - Some New features Missing

Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest version 19 of Photoshop 2018 CC. I find that some of the new features advertised are not available or updated. The brushes panel for instance has not been updated. The share an image capability is not as advertised. There are more things missing. Anyone seeing else seeing similar issues? I am running on Win 7 Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Sharing leverages the system sharing functionality. On Windows this means that you have to run Windows 10 (spring creators edition) in order for that functionality to be available.

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing leverages the system sharing functionality. On Windows this means that you have to run Windows 10 (spring creators edition) in order for that functionality to be available.

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crossed my mind after I posted my question that the OS might have been the reason the Share an Image feature was missing. Also, since posting I've also confirmed that the newer Photoshop CC 2018 features do seem to be working. I had to make some changes in my Preferences and reset some defaults to make that happen.

Thanks for your information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still agree with Jasper's answer but it is interesting to note that Lightroom CC Classi does invoke Outlook (my primary mail program) on my Win 7 Pro system from Lightroom's File > Email Photo... command. It opens a fresh email with the selected photos attached. Why the new version of Photoshop can't do the same thing is a bit strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

I'm missing the new pen tool but get the advertisement for it within Photoshop CC 2018. We have got two Adobe CC licenses at work and the other PS contains the new pen tool after the update?

Another problem is, that the shortcut [ALT} + [Backspace] to fill with background color only happens on every third to fifth try. You can hold down the [ALT] key and tapping backspace till it works, but it's annoying.

Do you noticed similiar problems or get a solution? Thank you in advance.

CC2018 runs on a Win7 64 system with Intel Xeon 3.7GHz and 32 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can help you. To get the new curve pen tool do the following:

Go to Edit > Toolbar... to open the 'Customize Toolbar' preferences panel. Then in the right panel you will likely see the new pen tool. Drag it to the tab on the left where the other pen tools are located. You may have to do this in your other workspaces as necessary.

The Alt + BS behavior seems to be a new bug. It's being reported widely. Most people, myself included, need to tap the Alt key twice to get the foreground color to fill as it's supposed to. I am running a Win 7 Pro 64bit OS that's fully up to dated.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this, I have made note of it for the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JLCKJC2015. I found the new pen tool at the location you described and dragged it into the tools panel. Perfect 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Photoshop 2018 on a Mac running Sierra and am having a problem getting the tools to work and have reset them any other suggestions I was able to use. any suggestions besides the reset of the tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "problem getting the tools to work?" Are tools not appearing on the Toolbar or are they available on the Toolbar but don't doing anything and if so, which ones specifically and in what Workspace?

There really isn't enough information in your post to understand what's happening at your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They show up but none of them are working except move and rectangular marque.  I open picture in photoshop then make a copy of the background layer in the right side panel so that I'm not working directly on the original.  does that help any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, it sounds like you've reset your tools either 'ALL' or individually. If that's the case and still nothing seems to work you may have a very small selection on or off screen. Use Command + D to delete any errant selections and then try your tools to see if they work.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines