Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom + windows 7 = impossible ?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone

i'v recently started photography and heard of lightroom.

i tried many time to install it on my computer but i kept getting an error message saying that i did not meet the minimum requirement.

Since i got a pretty solid computer, i went trought everything one by one and found out i need direct x 12 ( im at 11 right now).

the thing is from what i saw in my research you cant get direct x 12 on windows 7, its only for the latest windows.

so my question being : Is there a way, beside installing say windows 10, to get lightroom on my current windows 7 ?

thanks a lot 😃

Mathieu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Lightroom Classic runs fine on Windows 7. It's only the new cloud-native Lightroom CC app that requires Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic runs fine on Windows 7. It's only the new cloud-native Lightroom CC app that requires Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased adobe lightroom classic and running fine in my Windows 7 64 bit laptop from May 2021. Suddenly, it is saying develop module is disabled though I have active plan. Tried to sign out from lightroom nad sign in but its just opening a white window, nothing is there. Tried to download new adobe lightroom classic but its saying not compatible with Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Plantemath,

As Victoria has mentioned Lightroom Classic CC is compatible with Windows 7, check here for more info: Lightroom Classic CC system requirements

However, Lightroom CC is compatible with Windows 10.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very irritating. I upgraded yesterday after using LR and PS daily on my Windows 7 machine. Now with the upgrade to the full suite, I am getting the "you need to license this software" message, and when I try to do that, I get the "your OS is not supported" message. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check you've got your service packs updated and you're installing Lightroom Classic, not the new cloud-native Lightroom CC mg91055195

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstalled Lightroom 9.4, Windows 7 pro 64bit. I was haveing some trouble with it trying to auto download photos on boot. Went to reinstall and found out I'm paying for something I don't have. I never made that agreement with Adobe. Since when I tried to re-install it said my system needed an upgrade and wasn't compatible. I've been a loyal Adobe user for many, many years. But I sure the ____ and not going to renew. No agreement that I would lose the use of programs that I subscribed to was made;. So goodbye Adobe The same goes for my Photoshop CC, I believe, if I'd have to reinstall for any reason, such as a failed hard drive. I had reservations about the subscription plan as compared to buying a license from them for a program you could use and keep as I have with past versions. Now I think I'll revert to my PSE 2019, which I think does much of what CC does (not really). I'm getting out of this subscription climate in general. How can a person subscribe (and pay for) to something that can be pulled out from under you, some of us aren't rich enough in the present climate, to buy new machines and it's not even that, it's you get used to using something, and poof!. Never mind the 3rd party sruff that's bought to install. Yep I have a win 10 install disk, reverted to 7 after using for a while.. So here we are in the new colonialism of corporations. My subscription is up in a couple months. Got some thinking to do.With Adobe, it seems, in my opinion, they used to think about art and photography, seems now it's just about the $$$. Yes they are great apps, but seems different directions are in abundance within.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regards to my previous post. To be fair I had to clarify. Just got done contacting an Adobe rep, through Creative Cloud, they sent me a link to donwload the correct version that runs on my Win 7 64bit. They were very couteous and knowledgeable, the ability to do this is much more reassuring, I just got done reinstallng it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a hold of an Adobe rep, through Creative Cloud, they sent me a link to install the version I needed for Win 7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share that link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, can you share please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the link that I know of, but just contact adobe support and they'll help. In fact the link may have only worked temporarily. I was sort of desperate to get it running on Win7 as I didn't want to buy at the least a new operating system, after Adobe stopped the support for 7/ They were very helpful, If I remember it was over a year ago and I think the link I had only worked for a short while.. I may have to try again myself if anything goes wrong with Photoshop, since I use it predominantly instead of lightroom. At any rate good luck, and like I say they were very helpful at getting Lightroom going again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be very surprised if Adobe shares links to download unsupported software, such as Lightroom for Win 7, anymore. Their position on that has changed radically in the last couple of years.

Their policy now is only the current version (N) and the last major version immediately prior (N-1) are offered by Adobe. In Lightroom terms, that's V.5 (current) and v.4, both of which only support Windows 10.

Please do let us know if they do anything different after you contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The last version of Lightroom Classic to support Windows 7 was version 9.x:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements/2020.html

Lightroom 9.x was part of the Creative Cloud 2020 release, and you may still be able to download it by following the instructions here:

How to Get the Creative Cloud 2020 Direct Download Links

BTW, any link that Adobe Customer Care gives out expires within 24 hours and cannot be shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines