• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTRL+ALT+Right Click ignores layers being clipped

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2018 instead of selecting the layer I need to move it selects the layer being used as a clipping mask. Has the shortcut changed or is there a setting I can toggle? This is totally unusable and I will have to go back to the previous version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's Alt key bug in 2018 on windows that is causing the problem.

Photoshop CC 2018: CTRL+ALT+Z not working properly | Photoshop Family Customer Community

See if pressing the Ctrl key first then Alt+Right click works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out, it seems to be a different bug. (I have to double tap ALT+Backspace to fill with foreground color though, thats probably the ALT bug)

I created another file and tried to recreate the problem and thankfully ctrl+alt+RC wasnt ruined. If you create multiple clipping layers and then turn off one of the layers you can no longer ctrl+alt+RC any of the visible layers above the layer that was turned off, it just selects the next visible layer below the hidden layer. If you turn on all the layers ctrl+alt+RC works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines