• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Select and Mask after making Selection

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I make a selection using the Quick Selection Tool or Color Range, get this message trying to select and mask: 'Could not apply the workspace because of a program error.'

Just upgraded to PS CC2018. Running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackd,

Have you tried resetting the preferences of Photoshop? Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting preferences on exit and was able to edit one photo, but then when I saved my select and mask settings, I got the "could not apply the workspace because of a program error" message again.  I do NOT want to change my select and mask settings for EACH photo I edit.  I did a product shoot and have 80 photos to edit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Workspace preference then restarted. Didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've reset the workspace and preferences?

From Adobe on how to reset preferences:

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

If that doesn't work, have you tried simply uninstalling and reinstalling? This might seem silly, but sometimes that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines