• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why has Creative Cloud changed to include items not included in purchased option

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed to a number of apps included in my purchased plan showing version CC 2017.  These apps were originally included in a separate section above another section showing additional apps.  In a new CC presentation, I now find that the upgrades have changed to simply CC in an inclusive overall section.  In the same section is also included some of the additional apps.  Project Felix now becomes Dimension CC with an offer for a free trial followed by additional charges I do not need.

Are the upgraded CC 2017 apps to simply CC at additional cost?

How do I remove items that were not included in my originally purchased plan at extra cost, e.g. Dimension CC, that I did not authorize?

Can I be confident that these extra items will not be added in future?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

1.  Yes.  Currently, Creative Cloud consists of around 20+ apps and services.  When I first joined, there were only 17.  It's the same monthly price as before -- unless you've been notified by email of an increase which varies by region.

2.  You don't.

3. Reverting to trials is a bug.  It should not do that.  You need to update your CC app.  Log-out.  Close it.  Then open it and log-in again.

Stop Creative Cloud from reverting to trial mode

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the current (cc 2018) upgrades and future upgrades are included with a cc subscription at no additional cost.

if you let the cc app upgrade a non-subscription program, it will (unfortunately) change the non-subscription paid for program to a subscription trial which will expire leaving you with the options to uninstall the subscription trial and reinstall your perpetually licensed program, or subscribe to the additional program.

anything you don't want, don't subscribe to it.  installing it as a trial obligates you to do nothing.  ie, if you install a trial that you don't want, you don't need to do anything.  you'll probably want to uninstall (Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps ), but you don't need to do that.

if you don't install an upgrade, it won't be installed.  i've never seen the cc app upgrade anything without active user participation (eg, clicking 'upgrade) or install anything unless a user clicks trial or install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the added apps that have crept into the latest CC list of apps is a confused number of mostly ones that do not include uninstall.  I have Open ones that were included in my original plan, they include uninstall.  Since these were the ones I purchased, why uninstall.  Others with install allow Learn more and Other versions with some only Learn.  Some Open ones I did not purchase do not allow uninstall.

This is a total screw up that appears to force me to select ones I do not need and confuses my original plan purchase.  I object to what appears to be an underhanded way to make me pay more.  I did not want Sg, Fs, Pl, Ic, An, Mu, Dw, Sp, PF, Lr, Dn, Xd, ld, Ai, that appears with those apps I selected. 

Was I mistaken to allow updates from CC 2017 to CC assuming they were regular updates without clear instructions.  If so, how do I fix this back to the original CC 2017 plan I purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all cc 2017 program update free of (added to your cc subscription) cost to cc 2018.

and you can only subscribe to a max of 4 programs before the cost exceeds the "all apps" subscription cost.  what subscriptions do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not keep a record of the up to 14 apps that were offered when I accepted the offer for a special CC package initially.  I needed a follow-on from Production Premium CS6 that included essentially (7) Photoshop, Premier Pro, After Effects, Audition, Encore, Bridge, and Media Encoder. The others in CS6 i.e. ExtendedScript Toolkit, Extension Manger, Flash Professional, Illustrator, Prelude, and SpeedGrade I am not familiar with were probably used with my preferences.  All my past purchases are in my Adobe past purchase records i.e. Creative Suites CS5, CS4 etc.  Now that these are no longer supported, I found I needed to keep up with the compatibility technology updates because I also used mocha starting from versions 3 then 4 and now the mocha Adobe plugin 5.

Starting a week or so ago, the Creative Cloud app completely changed into a single presentation that does not represent what I purchased.  So now you are telling me the program changes to only 4 apps.  At the time I purchased the package, it would have cost me more for the basic first 4 of the 7 above instead of the initial large package on offer.  So I am now told I am restricted to 4 above plus my already purchased Encore CS 6 in Production Premium CS6.

If you cannot answer my 2 questions, could you please forward my reply to someone in Adobe who can.

1. How do I now fix the mess I am now presented with in the latest CC app that makes me feel like I am on a fishing expedition?

2. How do I uninstall the extra apps that do not include the option to uninstall as you suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Full Creative Cloud Plan is always evolving as new products are released and some older ones are renamed.  Don't make too much out of this.  For example,  Dimension replaced Felix beta.  It's not a separate subscription.  It's now part of your creative cloud plan.  Likewise  Lightroom CC is a new cloud based version of Lightroom.  And the old Lightroom is now called Lightrroom Classic CC.  

You're under no obligation to install these new products if you don't want them.  It's up to you.  But they are there if/ when you're ready to try them.

Old versions can be accessed from your Creative Cloud Desktop App.  See screenshot.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In August, I paid $44.79 for my monthly charge towards the originally purchased plan yearly CC subscription that included 14 apps.  Your screenshot shows Uninstall for Dreamweaver (Dw) Update.  I did not Installed it yet because I had no idea whether the new items I now find on the CC app i.e. Sg, Fs, Pl, Ic, An, Mu, Dw, Sp, Pf, Lr, Dn, Xd, ld, and Ai are now included in the $44.79 monthly charge.  I also find Portfolio (Pf) and Spark (Sp) listed as Launch.

All my original CC 2017 apps were renamed simply CC under the latest updates.  At least one is for a monthly trial that I have not been able to uninstall since I only discovered it was a trial until I opened it.  It appears I have to install the ones I do not want to be able to uninstall them if at all possible (Question 3 below).

1. Are you saying that the 25 apps I now find listed in the new CC app on my PC will still cost $44.79 per month?

2. If not, how do I simply list only the apps I need and those that are not for trial for the same monthly cost?

3. Since I am not interested in trials, how do I uninstall them when Install/Other Versions appear to show a list of costs with no Uninstall options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1.  Yes.  Currently, Creative Cloud consists of around 20+ apps and services.  When I first joined, there were only 17.  It's the same monthly price as before -- unless you've been notified by email of an increase which varies by region.

2.  You don't.

3. Reverting to trials is a bug.  It should not do that.  You need to update your CC app.  Log-out.  Close it.  Then open it and log-in again.

Stop Creative Cloud from reverting to trial mode

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines