Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging multiple groups simultaneously

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to merge lots of groups with one action or script (not merging them together, just merging each).

Does anybody know if there's a way to do this?

Thanks,
Brett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely clear what you want to do but have a look at: File > Automate > Contact Sheet II...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry for the confusion. Let me be more specific.

I'm creating artwork in photoshop that is being exported out to animation software via their own script. Their script will save out visible layers but ignores groups. While working I'd like the ability to quickly flatten all groups individually so that I can export them out to the animation software, at which point I'll just undo that action and be able to fix mistakes, add details, etc.

In short: the manual action I'm taking is highlighting each individual group, right clicking, and selecting "merge group". I'd like an automated way to do this to all my groups at once (there are about 30 per illustration so doing them manually is a chore).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still don't understand, to be honest, but have a look at: File > Scripts > Image Processor to see if it offers anything you can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines