• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how long adobe experience design trial period is?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really important because of developers still don't have another way to get the design specs — just run Xd themselves.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

That is odd. I was just using XD under Windows 10, and it seemed to work ok. I then did the update, and the update works ok too. I'll ask the XD folk.

By the way, if the beta had not been updated to the August update, then you may have an older version that has already timed out, and it's attempting to update to the August beta, which is most likely not still around.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean a fresh trial download of the release version, if there is one, I would expect it to be the same 7 days that all other applications are. If you already have the beta installed, it will time out somewhere around the end of the year. I believe that there won't be a way to install the beta if you don't already have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately — nope, my team's developers say that latest beta aks to update or close Xd. No any other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd. I was just using XD under Windows 10, and it seemed to work ok. I then did the update, and the update works ok too. I'll ask the XD folk.

By the way, if the beta had not been updated to the August update, then you may have an older version that has already timed out, and it's attempting to update to the August beta, which is most likely not still around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great, thanks!

I'll ask developers did they update Xd in August.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

????? how can I not find an answer to the simple question: how long does the trial period last?

is it a month, or just 7 days?

how can this question be marked as answered even though the length of the period has not been given?

can this be marked as unanswered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 7 days. Colin was answering the OP's question about installation woes.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much, so I shall wait with the trial until i have something small enough to try the entire process on 🙂

although the 1-month subscription for a single app is only 12€, that actually a very fair offer to try it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elaine - I can't even view info about costs and downloading XD because it gives me an error message to upgrade my OS>  Ok that's fine but I NEED THE INFO because I'm sharing with developers and chances are they will run into the same thing.  Really bad to not have an intermediary page between "Download XD" and actual button to download it!    All the links give me this error message so I can't get the information.  The requirements page is fine but doesn't tell me the cost or trial period...I suggest you change this UI!!!   So I already have the beta, when does it run out, can I get a free trial, when I get upgraded to el capitan, and how much will it cost me???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to this page, do you see the menus near the bottom?:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Choose Adobe XD from the Single App menu.

The final product is Adobe XD 1.0, and the beta had a different name. A trial after the beta expires should have a fresh 7 days. After that it would expire too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines