• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere - Previous versions disappeared (CC2017 11.0.2) - Creative Cloud update 4.3.0.256

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Since the last update of Creative Cloud 4.3.0.256, Previous versions of Premiere are no longer listed in the CC App.

It was however possible to download all previous versions before this update of the Creative Cloud.

I notice that for Photoshop and After Effects we can still acces to all previous versions for download. It seems to be only on Premiere that we can't have access to all the previous versions.

CC_PR_PREVIOUS_VERSIONS.pngCC_AE_PREVIOUS_VERSIONS.pngCC_PSD_PREVIOUS_VERSIONS.png

The "Download Creative Clouds apps" webpage (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html) provides access to the 2017 Premier Pro CC version, which is located at be version 11.1.2 / 11.1.4 only (7.0). There is no others previous versions.

My project Première is currently in version 11.0.2. I want to install the same version of Premiere on a second computer. I do not want to update the software version on this project which is in progress. Whenever I had to update a project in progress, the update caused problems. I wish to continue the project in its current version.

So I need to have the installation file of version 11.0.2. Is this possible? What are my options?

PREMIERE_11_0_2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also trying to revert to 11.0.2 and can't find it available. All I see under Other Versions is CC 7.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to ProDesignTools ... he always has the entire Adobe program link listing for all apps/versions.

ProDesignTools: Adobe® Developments in Focus

Go to the Downloads section, click on the 2017 stuff ... takes a bit of clicking, but you do get there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, for the 2017 versions, the website refers to the Adobe downloads page (Download Creative Clouds apps) which contains only one version (11.1.4).

Here is the direct link for CC2017 from ProDesignTools: CC 2017 Direct Download Link - Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a huge problem. I have several projects that are running on different Premiere versions, which cannot be upgraded/have to stay on the same version for various reasons. It used to be simple to revert back and forth between versions 11.0.2 and 11.1.2.

Why can't original functionality be restored on the CC downloader app? This would be extremely important. I know several editors around me who are having these exact same problems as I do. Direct download links would help, but original functionality would be even better. The only reason this is a problem is because projects from newer cc2017 can't be opened by all other cc2017 versions. For obvious reasons, all non-up-and-downward-compatible versions should be made available for all. Image this would be the case with PSD files? That whoever is running last years Photoshop, has no way of opening files created on newer computers? Avid can do it too. Come on, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kaxmerkhoff  wrote

Yes, this is a huge problem. ... The only reason this is a problem is because projects from newer cc2017 can't be opened by all other cc2017 versions. For obvious reasons, all non-up-and-downward-compatible versions should be made available for all. ... Avid can do it too. Come on, Adobe!

Could not have stated it any better. Thank you.

Especially in the video space, professionals potentially need access to all significant CC revisions – not just a handful of versions, which can be hit-or-miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress on this?

Is it possible to get some feedback from somebody from Adobe on this?

What's the issue with just keeping past versions available? this is such a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is the Dolby licence.

Dont count on getting them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with most past versions must be the problems between Dolby Laboratories and Adobe that caused the removal of ac3 from PrPro. And as nether company says a word about it, I doubt you'll get an official response.

Yea, it's a pain not to have all the earlier versions so I hope they strip out whatever the issue is and re-list them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I knew about this – but from i understood these version also exist as stripped without ac3 – so 11.1.4 instead of 11.1.2 – i thought there also existed a replaced 11.0.4 for 11.0.2? i think i read this somewhere? or maybe i only hoped to read this. it would be immensely helpful.

Thanks for the answer, in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope: 11.1.4 is the only one left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Despite any legal or licensing issues, there is absolutely nothing preventing Adobe from restoring availability to all previous versions of Premiere Pro that were removed...

Adobe did this with CC 2017.1.2 – now 2017.1.4 with the Dolby codec removed – which is available via the "Other Versions" menu item in the CC Desktop app, and also as a standalone installer via the CC 2017 direct download links.

If there is enough customer outcry and demand, there is no technical reason that they couldn't do the same for prior releases of Premiere Pro, including all of the CC 2015 and 2014 versions (e.g., 10.4, 9.0, 8.0) which are now completely gone.

For more information and details, and to share your feedback, please see this related Forums post:

Prior major releases of Premiere, Audition, Prelude and AME have been removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines