• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't quickly access my preset brushes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Photoshop cc2018, I retouch and do a lot of digital photographic artwork. Before update, I could right click and switch my brushes (when cloning) on the fly. But since update, on right click, I get a panel to create new brushes. I don't need that! I need my preset brushes when I right click. I don't want to have a huge panel that I have to search  beyond the variety of tools to create a NEW brush when I just want to quickly select a preset brush that I have already made. Any suggestions? Obviously bummed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you show a screenshot of what you see and also give your system details (operating system etc)

I see this on right clicking :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brush preset.jpg

I see the same (what you showed in your reply) in current Photoshop version, but what I attached here is similar to what I used to see in previous Photoshop version. I could right click my mouse using clone, eraser, paint brush tool and quickly select a preset brush. I guess I will just have to retrain myself which is unfortunate due to the speed that I must work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry also Dell, Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have CC2017 and CC2018 both installed here and both performed the same  on right clicking from the clone tool :

CC2017.1.1 :

CC2018 :

Note if you want the brush list in CC2018 to just show thumbnails then just uncheck the name and stroke options

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works as you have shown above. But the brush tips are showing much smaller than 2017 version. Disappointing to have things change (like when switching from eraser to clone and brush changes to last used selection on that tool. Previous version, the brush would remain the same throughout tools). Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can alter the size of the brush tip previews using the slider at the bottom of the dialogue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines