• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Prints Incorrectly on 11x17

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently got a new printer (Sharp  MX6500) and I cannot get it to print properly on 11x17/ledger paper. The print preview shows what it SHOULD print correctly and then I have gone into the printer settings to make sure the paper is the correct size and have tried checking and unchecking the scale to media with no luck. The image only prints on half the page (when scaled is checked) or a little more than half when it is unchecked, but it does not print the full image.

I have successfully printed full 11x17 with the new printer and the same computer (Mac) in Illustrator and when the document has been exported as a PDF - which leads me to believe that this is an issue in the photoshop preferences rather than the printer driver. One interesting difference here is that the paper is named ledger in Photoshop but Tabloid in illustrator and acrobat.

How can I get it to print the full document as it is shown in the preview on 11x17?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful If  you posted a screen capture that show you Photosho wondow with document and photoshop Print dialog and printer setting just before you click print to print it. I use windows so my dialog will differ from yours.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though the preview shows it will print the full page, it will only print an 8.5x11 portion on the 11x17 sheet. Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 9.06.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-25 at 9.07.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not tell from the Print driver it the paper orientation in portrait or landscape it seem to look like it may be set to 11x17 portrait  however Photoshop print preview look correct as 17x11 landscape.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very top of the screen capture the orientation shows landscape selected.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen shot, the printer listed at the top of the window says Epson, and the printer you say you are trying to use is a Sharp? Did you take the screen shot after changing to another printer or is that the one you are trying to print to? Not having the correct printer selected, will give you an error like you are talking about.

Also, the paper size is somewhat defined by the printer you choose. When I choose my Canon inkjet, the options are different than when I choose my Bizhub. In my case, when I choose the Canon, there is no option for 11 x 17 or tabloid. With the Bizhub selected I can select Tabloid. I question whether it is a Photoshop issue or a printer driver issue.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 8.40.31 PM.png

Let us know which printer you chose? If we can eliminate that we can see where to go next.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle, thank you for you answer! I think there is  a little confusion from JJMack's screen capture. The printer I am using is a Sharp and it has been named on my print settings as Loft Printer.

The discussions questioning the orientation setup made me wonder if the issue would happen trying to print a portrait orientation so I tried this as well this morning and am still having the same issue of not taking up the entire paper. It's essentially printing only an 8.5x11portion of the entire image still.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 8.55.28 AM.png

I have the latest driver installed and do not have any issues printing full 11x17 images from Illustrator or Acrobat which leads me to believe it's something I'm missing in photoshop or the driver is not coordinating with photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for showing the screenshot! I have one thing that I'd like to ask you to try if you don't mind.

I am wondering if Photoshop isn't connecting with the Sharp print driver. Have you ever created a custom print size in Photoshop? Down at the bottom of the size drop down menu there is an option called "Manage Custom Size" -- select that and create a new size by clicking the + at the bottom left of the dialog box that appears. The new option will be at the bottom of the list on the left--click on it and let's try naming it 11 x 17. Then on the right side create the size. Then hit ok. Back in your print dialog box, select the 11 x 17 option from the drop down menu (at the bottom under the standard sizes--see my list in my last post) and see if you still have the same problem? I think you are correct in that there is a disconnect with Photoshop and the print driver--but I think that the print driver is the culprit!

One last question--have you contacted Sharp to see if anyone else has had this issue?

Let me know if this work around helps!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michelle, I just re-tried the custom size and it still prints the same way. =( I have not yet contacted Sharp but this is certainly the next step. I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced something in Photoshop first.

Thank you for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines