• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync super slow and getting stuck

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I used to use an old version of Lightroom and decided to update to Lightroom CC so I could edit photos on my phone and tablet as well as laptop. I installed Lightroom CC and it all works fine except for the sync.

Sync only does about five photos and then stops. I have left it on for over 24 hours and it only synced about 20 photos. When I close and restart lightroom it syncs about five photos again and then gets stuck. This is super annoying and I can't work out how to fix it. I looked at older solutions and they all say to delete the Sync.lrdata file, but that only works for lightroom classic. I don't believe lightroom CC has one. If it does I can't find it.

Any help would be much appreciated. At present the only option I can think of is to keep restarting lightroom every five minutes or so. But as I'm trying to sync 3,000 files that will take weeks.

It's probably worth me pointing out that my internet connection is very fast. I have uploaded over 100 gigs to onedrive in a few hours, while streaming HD films. So it's not my internet connection that's the problem.

Thanks,

Harry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Hi, benr19158974​.

No, I think this issue is still unsolved.

Please, visiti the discussion on this other thread: Re: Lightroom Classic CC almost freezes when starting sync to cloud

Regards,

PacoCT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click the cloud icon and pause syncing (hover over the thing in the bottom) and restart it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't make any difference, unfortunately.

Also, after a while it just says "syncing photos" and doesn't tell you the number remaining until you restart lightroom. When it's doing this it doesn't respond to pausing. So to pause and restart you have to do it within a couple of minutes of opening it. But even then, it doesn't sync any more files until you close the program and restart it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, syncing seems to be taking forever. Even for one photo. Today for example I took one single photo with my iPad. It was a good 20 minutes before it showed up in LR on the desktop.

They syncing button would always say that syncing was up to date but nothing was happening.

I suspect they are having issues today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just today, though. I've been trying to sync my photos since Friday - five days. And I've left my laptop on overnight every night and most of each day. So that's at least 70 hours of sync time. And it's synced around 400 out of 3,220 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they probably massively underestimated how many people would immediately start uploading all their photos, and are scrambling to ramp up support. Since you're seeing it stuck for such a long time though, can I get you to report it here please: Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.   over 25k photos waiting to sync but it only manages 10 and then stops.  If I pause and restart it does another 10 and then stops again.  Its been open and trying to sync for over 2 days and only a few hundred synced, even though it says I have used 180Gb of storage so far. 

Is this a case of waiting for the servers to get more bandwidth, or is something wrong my end?  The catalog is on my Mac, but the photos on a Nas drive.  The LR CC local storage is pointing to my Mac, but the NAS was short of space so I have cleared up room there as well in case that helped but no.  Both Mac and NAS have over 400Gb of free space now but still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone find a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, benr19158974​.

No, I think this issue is still unsolved.

Please, visiti the discussion on this other thread: Re: Lightroom Classic CC almost freezes when starting sync to cloud

Regards,

PacoCT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines