• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reformate Disk?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to CC2018 and latest Photoshop and Bridge.

When I try to retrieve an image I am told to formate the drive containing the image.

I assume that by formatting it everything on the disk will be lost. Am I right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thart sounds drastic can you capture what being displaye when you get this message and post that here.  What do you mean be when you write "When I try to retrive an Image"?  What exactly are you doing what software are you using?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop, Bridge and CC latest versions. They are all installed. Before I updated Photoshop, Bridge and CC to their latest versions everything worked perfectly. What happens now occurs after I updated to the latest versions (2018).

I have my images saved on an external hard disk (K). When I try to open any of these images in Photoshop I am told that I should formate the disk (K) on which the images are stored..

This might mean to formate the images made with the previous Photoshop to comply with the 2018 version or to formate the entire hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a screen shot of the message you get. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO EMAIL IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My images are on a 4TB external usb3 ntfs drive I have not problem like that

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you!~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's Windows? Do not format!

The following procedure was helpful for me:

Search for a Linux Live system *.iso (=> for CD) or Linux Live system for bootable USB stick. Ubuntu is a good choice, but others are also ok.

Download and create a CD or an USB stick.

Start your system from CD or stick => Note the BIOS settings for an extern start drive. You have to press a key like F2 or another  one immediately after switching "ON".

Find your external harddisk and then --- I hope! --- you can copy your files on a safe place.  The Linux system will not write anithing on your HDDs, it lives in the RAM. Don't try to write on the external drive!

Shut down, start Windows, check the saved images. Then you can format the external drive.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines