Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display fonts@web

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got 3 questions concerning a similar topic. I am using Adobe XD 1.0.12.19 on Windows 10.

1. Which fonts are able to be displayed online in my XD Work?
    Everything is fine if I want to show my XD Work internal on my computer but if there's an external partner it shows standard fonts.
  2. Are there open source web fonts (like Google Fonts) integraded in XD? Can I use p.e. Roboto of Google Fonts to avoid to above topic?
  3. Is it possible to integrate web fonts manager (like Skyfonts) for displaying my XD Work? And showing not open source font licences but bought ones connected to account?

Thx in advance

Tobias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

This is always kind of a crapshoot. We don't embed fonts in the file due to licensing issues. However, you can share to the web, and your fonts will be flattened into the shared image, giving your customer the right view.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tobias,

Do you mean that when you preview the projects on external devices like a phone or other computers there is a difference in font rendering, correct?

If this is what your query is, please allow us some time as we are looking into the case.

If not then would you mind providing more details? Few screenshots will help us more identifying the issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

I mean an external Browser somewhere at a clients office.

1. I create my XD Work at my computer with fonts installed at my computer and/or connected with e.g. SkyFonts.
  2. I want to send a client a link with my uploaded XD Work for checking it.

--> Here's the point: If I use a font installed on my computer everything is fine when I look at it. But if the client looks at my upload XD Work after clicking the link my work is not similar because of the not available fonts.

I want to know if there are Webfonts that will look similar on any browser independent which fonts are locally installed on the use computer. Something like this used in HTML: <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto" rel="stylesheet">.

BR

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is always kind of a crapshoot. We don't embed fonts in the file due to licensing issues. However, you can share to the web, and your fonts will be flattened into the shared image, giving your customer the right view.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD uses any font installed on your computer. That means you can use SkyFonts, TypeKit, etc. to load fonts onto your computer and then use them in XD.

Before using a font in your design, be should verify that it's licensed for your intended purpose (web, app, etc).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines