• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint Bucket in Adobe Sketch App?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Paint Bucket tool in the Adobe Sketch app on the iPad Air2?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

BB,

My apologies. I was thinking Draw and writing Sketch; this feature is only in Draw.

While I'm on the subject though (and Flora, if you want to respond too that would be great), I have a question... If there was a fill/paint bucket tool in Sketch, how would you envision that feature functioning?

Again, I'm sorry for the misinformation.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Books,

Yes. Long-press (press-and-hold) inside the shape you want to fill; the color will default to that of whichever brush you have selected.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi, It didn't work. All it did was make little dots. Any other way to quickly fill a space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just checked on my iPad and I am with you Books4BB, It does not work for me either to press-and-hold, although in my case I can figure out the iPad is a too old model (4th generation) and some functions simply do not work, I am not very sure why it does not work for you. Hope somebody has a good solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BB,

My apologies. I was thinking Draw and writing Sketch; this feature is only in Draw.

While I'm on the subject though (and Flora, if you want to respond too that would be great), I have a question... If there was a fill/paint bucket tool in Sketch, how would you envision that feature functioning?

Again, I'm sorry for the misinformation.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem Sue, you're the best!

I would stay on the same way as in Draw: press and hold. That seems most logic and we can go through all applications without wondering a lot. Don't make us think too much, let us rock on the workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Flora,

I completely agree.... press-and-hold is really easy. Always seems strange to me when people say it takes too long.

And thanks for all your participation on this forum. I appreciate it. And I know everyone else does too.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! has the feature been added to Sketch yet? I still can't fill shapes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie.

Not yet. I know it's a feature the team is considering but fill in Sketch is a feature that could still be a ways out. What will be coming to an update fairly soon is an easy way to fill a layer with color.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes seconds to fill a layer with color in Sketch... but we are badly missing a fill function!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to fill using pattern for a fabric effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monarxx.

Sketch doesn't yet have a fill function.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

How far away are we from this? It's sorely needed. It might also be worthwhile looking at the 'drag for threshold' function in Procreate, though anything would be good.

That and a marquee/cut'n'paste/selection tool are essential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iriz.

I had honestly thought that both of these features (a fill tool and a select tool) would be in the app by now. Unfortunately, I currently don't know when they're scheduled to make it to Sketch.

I'm sorry. I wish I had more information I could post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Are we any closer to a fill tool and select tool feature??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LadyRaven.

At this point, those features will probably not make it into Sketch but will instead be incorporated into Project Gemini.

Here's some information about that app... Introducing Project Gemini | Adobe Blog

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have this feature in this apP. Can

t fill shapes as in Draw. Best regards everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no fill or paint bucket tool in Sketch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't but if I was you,  I'd keep my ear out for Project Gemini.  There's a lot of awesomeness in that app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent last night one hour and a half trying to fill in a shape in adobe sketch. I've watched all kind of tutorials, but on my iPad air 2 and simply doesn't work!!!!!  I did this " Long-press (press-and-hold) inside the shape you want to fill; the color will default to that of whichever brush you have selected.", however, doesn't work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aadina. 

Sorry for the confusion... There is no fill function in Sketch; that feature is only in Adobe Draw. 

I hope that helps. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched an AdobeSketch tutorial and I watched the artist fill the entire page with one color after holding down the pen. I created a new sketch layer like she did, held my pen down, but it creates dots/streaks instead of filling the page with that color. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ellie. 

A couple of quick questions:

Are you using the app on iOS or Android. And if you're using it on iOS what version of the operating system are you using?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines