Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place 2d on 3d not working

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to this software, i would love to know what I am doing wrong or if it is something that is not supported.

I use latest Maya, export a selected item as .obj file.

I can load the .obj file and move it around and rotate and so on in XD. But i can't figure out how to load a texture for the item?

Can you load a texture that works for the whole item?

Can you export a texture file from XD to know where XD wants everything aligned?

And lastly i cant place any photos or objects in XD on this obj, it gives me an error message saying it cant use that image, i tried png. jpg, small, big, ai, eps but same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Is it possible that you're really talking about Adobe Dimension, and not Adobe XD?

Assuming you mean Dimension, you can drag any image type onto a model to add it as a decal. If you want to create a material you can use the Adobe Capture CC mobile app to make a new material, and save that to your CC library. It will appear inside Dimension for you to use.

If it is decal that you want, you can only have one of those at a time, and the feature was improved recently, make sure you're using the releas

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you're really talking about Adobe Dimension, and not Adobe XD?

Assuming you mean Dimension, you can drag any image type onto a model to add it as a decal. If you want to create a material you can use the Adobe Capture CC mobile app to make a new material, and save that to your CC library. It will appear inside Dimension for you to use.

If it is decal that you want, you can only have one of those at a time, and the feature was improved recently, make sure you're using the release version of Dimension, and not using the beta of Project Felix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh crap, sorry yes, i meant Dimensions. I will repost this in the correct place with correct naming.

Sorry for taking up your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am able to move the discussion to Dimension, but if you're already ok with my suggestions, we could leave it here. It will at least educate XD users about Dimension!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines