Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects Preview Issues with Space Bar or 0

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the latest AE 2018.  Initially, when I launch a project file and run a preview on a comp using 0 or spacebar it will start and stop the first time.  After that, I can no longer start and stop the preview using the space bar or 0.  I am running a brand new Dell XPS 15 with windows 10 pro.  It is a simple AE project so the ran usage is minimal.  Has anyone else seen this problem or am I doing something wrong.  I am fairly new to AE as well.  But on my MacBook Pro, this does not seem to be an issue.  In the preview panel, I can see the play button toggle.  Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

It's possible you've got some system setting that's making things wonky, then. One of the first things I check if things like this are acting up is confirming if your video card drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had you been using AE successfully before this project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I've used it on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible you've got some system setting that's making things wonky, then. One of the first things I check if things like this are acting up is confirming if your video card drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah it looks like in the midst of doing a fresh windows install like I do when I get a new PC I neglected to double check the video drivers.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines